Discuss British Gas Technical assessment Interview in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad_stoke

Gas Engineer
Hey guys. Some advice needed please. I have been trying to get a job with British Gas and I have finally got through to the assessment day in Leicester.

Has anybody ever been to one before? What does it involve? How long does it last?
The letter says it will included a breakdown and also a full service.

Has anyone been to an Interview like this. Please help

They are mad for things like safe working and isolation.
So magic wand before touching the casing and a verified dead-test before working on it.
Then all the gas procedure etc

Thanks newcastle pill.
Im just really nervous I've been told I will be doing breakdown and Servicing. What else would test involve? Will it be complex breakdown as im not really good at breakdowns etc. So I was kinda hoping once am in I would get additional training.

lol i wont be smiling if i dont know how to diagnose the fault on the boiler. lol

does anyone know what boilers i will be servicing? anyone been on a technical Gas assessment with BG?

i did one a few years ago.
The breakdown was a hall sensor on a Baxi,you had to follow the manual. Which is there. Asked me about let by to if I remember.....such as how could you confirm it.
Obviously volt stick is a big one too...can't remember if there was the use of a multi meter,I think there was though.

And try and sell the instructor a powerflush/filter/plumbing and electrical cover, it'll be a walk in the park.

I have heard they are hot on electrical safety as advised above. Also dont forget to check fuse rating on boiler service etc

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas Technical assessment Interview in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back