Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss British Gas Technical assessment Interview in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad_stoke

Gas Engineer
Hey guys. Some advice needed please. I have been trying to get a job with British Gas and I have finally got through to the assessment day in Leicester.

Has anybody ever been to one before? What does it involve? How long does it last?
The letter says it will included a breakdown and also a full service.

Has anyone been to an Interview like this. Please help

They are mad for things like safe working and isolation.
So magic wand before touching the casing and a verified dead-test before working on it.
Then all the gas procedure etc

Thanks newcastle pill.
Im just really nervous I've been told I will be doing breakdown and Servicing. What else would test involve? Will it be complex breakdown as im not really good at breakdowns etc. So I was kinda hoping once am in I would get additional training.

Smile and think before you open your mouth.

lol i wont be smiling if i dont know how to diagnose the fault on the boiler. lol

does anyone know what boilers i will be servicing? anyone been on a technical Gas assessment with BG?

lol i wont be smiling if i dont know how to diagnose the fault on the boiler. lol

does anyone know what boilers i will be servicing? anyone been on a technical Gas assessment with BG?

i did one a few years ago.
The breakdown was a hall sensor on a Baxi,you had to follow the manual. Which is there. Asked me about let by to if I remember.....such as how could you confirm it.
Obviously volt stick is a big one too...can't remember if there was the use of a multi meter,I think there was though.

And try and sell the instructor a powerflush/filter/plumbing and electrical cover, it'll be a walk in the park.

Lol im not having high hopes on getting the job. I just hope its an easy breakdown and easy Questions lol

I have heard they are hot on electrical safety as advised above. Also dont forget to check fuse rating on boiler service etc

Good Luck

They have to sell gas too so I've been told. We have had a lad come to us from them

If you can adapt to there way of doing things you will be ok. and be prepared to get the jobs that BG engineers turn down

I could go into what they do with regards to an ESP. It's woeful

My mate done a test with them last week for subby servicing said it was a doddle.
He said it was similar to ACS theory.

Just out of curiosity... Why do plumbers slate BG.... It cant be that bad can it?

Im not sure but of a few ex BGas people I know with lots of years in they havent a good word to say, including my gas safe inspector lol

I worked for Bgas for 17 years, the last 5 years I went out repping for them, selling boilers ect. Money was great, but you were cocooned into thinking everyone else outside of Bgas were cowboys. The commission scheme changed and so did I!

12 years later the same engineers that I knew are still moaning the same but are not confident enough to leave.

I did on the electrical side from about 2002 to 2007. The thing that peed me off was the need to sell sell sell.
And performance figures.

Apart from that fab sickness benefits. 6 month full pay at the time

Hey guys. Some advice needed please. I have been trying to get a job with British Gas and I have finally got through to the assessment day in Leicester.

Has anybody ever been to one before? What does it involve? How long does it last?
The letter says it will included a breakdown and also a full service.

Has anyone been to an Interview like this. Please help

You will have to know how to use your meter. Do polarity checks, Resistance checks.
If it's a Worcester read the M.I.s and remember the fan test.Whenever putting your hands inside Ensure you have turned off at the mains and remove the fuse...incidentally check the fuse rating in the m.i.'s as it may not be a Worcester. They are looking for safety and competence. But always check the safety first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas Technical assessment Interview in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock