Discuss breakdown and repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your stuck for old boiler manuals and you've got an iPhone i bought this really good app the other day, think its called gas workmate or something like that, its got every boiler manual you'll ever need, really good investment i thought.

I couldn't find this on gas installers work mate tho. Don't think it's condensing
udazazyb.jpg

Something I'm also interested in, when serving my time I never really got alot of breakdown work it was mainly servicing. Ive no idea how to find continuity, check for polarity etc and what a good reading is on a multimeter in regards to amps, ohms etc when testing over a component.

Is there courses for this kind of stuff?

Hiya jack.frost - breakdown & repair is the most lucrative aspect of plumbing and heating
however you will need loads of experience to be good at it.

I suggest you go work for an outfit with 5 -20 fellas on and mesh in with them for a while - doing emergencies on your own is not for the faint hearted - I know. My mate at BG does them but is
a real kitten on his own cause at work he can call up help.

Gettin paid for emergencies is also a potential nightmare - CHK
What's the best way to learn to do breakdown and repairs? Any recommendations?

Yum ! Yum ! Amac whats the site please ? I normally use a BG computer thing myself
but this sounds similar CHK
if your stuck for old boiler manuals and you've got an iPhone i bought this really good app the other day, think its called gas workmate or something like that, its got every boiler manual you'll ever need, really good investment i thought.

there is only one way to learn and thats to get in amongst it, can be painful hence the need for a mentor on the end of a phone

I asked the very same question to another plumber once and he told me the best way to learn is to :nono: it up!

Not far from the truth if you ask me. We all learn from our mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, what the hell is that? looks like something you could make beer in.

It's called Gas Installers Workmate, its not cheep but if I'm doing breakdowns I use it every time.

Unfortunately this topic is all down to experience, no freshly qualified plumber can breeze this, boilers nowadays are more of a electricians job. Make friends is my advice!! Typical apprentice jobs of 'learning from mistakes' is the best! I normally crack boiler breakdowns but some ive asked others inc more experienced plumbers on this forum - bod, diamondgas, centralheatking has helped me in the past

Unfortunately this topic is all down to experience, no freshly qualified plumber can breeze this, boilers nowadays are more of a electricians job. Make friends is my advice!! Typical apprentice jobs of 'learning from mistakes' is the best! I normally crack boiler breakdowns but some ive asked others inc more experienced plumbers on this forum - bod, diamondgas, centralheatking has helped me in the past

that means a lot fella it really does am glad I've helped , same as I've rang gasman , Croppie etc and asked for some guidance and am sure gasman will acknowledge he has rang me too a few times ,Were all learning non of us know everything unless your Kirk or tamz

Live asked many a questions , some may seem dumb but if I don't know I don't know , but I ya know,something someone else doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to breakdown and repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My boiler was serviced a month ago and now it's leaking. Is it normal for the plumber to repair the leak for free seeing as it was so recently...
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these ÂŁ300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or...
Replies
Views
Hey, forum friends! đź‘‹ Excited to introduce Master Drain Ltd, your go-to expert for top-notch drain installation and repair services. Here's what...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Back