Discuss brass crimps for electric terminals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
You know when you get a cable on a boiler that has the crimps on them, can you buy them? It is so much easier to put them in the block when they have these on. I have been frustrated enough doing it with the strands going all over the shop

They are called 'bootlaces ferrules' the ones I use are insulated and you need acrimper for then but they make the job look totally proffessional
I will add a link shortly.

I do quite a bit so I carry all up to 4 mm but I would for boilers, etc get 1.00mm and 1.5mm ones you also need the crimp tool, but they do look the dogs b.......ks when they are done.

Some cheap grimp pliars like Rolson are rubbish and can cut through the plastic insulation if you squeeze to much so you might want to try out on a scrap piece of wire first mate.

Denotes the size of the wire to be used in the crimp (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to brass crimps for electric terminals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock