Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bradford City FC stadium fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember watching it on the telly.

What part of Bradford Phil, I was born in West Bowling.

I remember watching this as it happened on tv, didn't realise how serious it was at first, it did take hold very quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bingley at the mo but lived in Halifax at the time.

There were some horrific injuries from the melting bitumen covered roof and BRI was flooded, they tried scraping it off their heads and burned their hands. Had a customer the other day and his brother was there.

Last edited:
Wow I just watched the clip, I wasn't born when this tragedy happened. I've just googled it to find more info.
In a week when the police have been slated and rightly so for the hillsborough disaster, I've now seen a clip of true heroics from the police and members of the public to help save the lives of others. It must have been terrifying for those in the stadium that day.

dave1 you've taken the words out of my keyboard, exactly my sentiments.

This must've been before my time I think? How did it all start? The police that day looked like they did an amazing job. There's guys in that video risking all to save others.

I was at Norwich watching the Toon (Cack game) but got back in the motor and heard it on the radio, not untillater did i realise how bad it was....The day of Hillsboro i was at Highbury watching us win 1-0 i think it was.....Paul Goddard...

I was 17 and briefly caught it on the news, but at 17 watching the news wasn't much fun. Just watched the clip and realised just how horrific it was. How quick it went from such a small fire to engulfing the whole stadium. Looked like the coppers did a fantastic job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bradford City FC stadium fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock