Discuss Boiler sizing question in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

The bigger the output of boiler

Does say an 25 kw boiler have a bigger heat exchanger or more surface area in combustion chamber than say an 18??
What exactly makes a boiler haveva higher output??

For most manufacturers there won't be any physical differences between a 18 and 25kw boiler and the hex size will be the same. That only starts changing once you start reaching the much higher outputs as a boiler can modulate so can already operate well below and in between any stated maximum.

Just as a car engine of the same capacity can be tuned or set up to produce different power outputs so can a gas boiler, it's fuelling or the gas rate at which it burns that is the main determinate.

Reply to Boiler sizing question in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock