Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler servicing for EON in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mountainman

Has anyone done any work directly or indirectly for this company?
It seems they pay £18 for a boiler service (whatever that entails (not much I suspect)).

The reason I ask is that earlier I had a phone call regarding boiler servicing, but got no further when I couldn't provide a plain van, seems a plain estate car isn't good enough!
MM

In all fairness you dont have service contract with a big company like EON and expect to have someone turn up in a car, it looks very unprofessional and would ruin there image. Also the customer might not even let you in the house!!!

Thats not saying you wont do a good job, just turning up in a car doesnt look good for any tradesman in my opinion.

I have some empathy with your view but if a big company wants to promote a professional image then they should proovide a signwritten van.

Its not economical to have loads of spare vans sitting around for when they need contractors to help out for busy periods though. So the contractor providing their own plain van with no sign writing is the next best option they have.

As I said, its not having a pop at you or anything. Its just a guy turning up in an estate car doesnt convey the sort of image a national company will want.

Worked for them for several years after my apprenticeship. IMO they haven't got a clue what they are doing. I worked with them directly as an employee. Had one of their vans etc. The are big on health and safety as well as brand image, so I would say what the other people have being saying is right. All the subbies that I met had their own plain vans. £18 a service sounds good, but when you start having open flued boilers and 2 gas fires it starts making less sense. I started out doing servicing for them, but not on price.

Its not economical to have loads of spare vans sitting around for when they need contractors to help out for busy periods though. So the contractor providing their own plain van with no sign writing is the next best option they have.

As I said, its not having a pop at you or anything. Its just a guy turning up in an estate car doesnt convey the sort of image a national company will want.

I'd rather turn up in my 4x4 with leather seats multiplay CD and DAB radio any day.
Never mind, their loss :)

I'd rather turn up in my 4x4 with leather seats multiplay CD and DAB radio any day.
Never mind, their loss :)

quite right, i was going to buy a bmw x6 till i realised they only have 4 seats, so it looks as if i will stick with plan A and get an xf jag

They said ten to twelve a day and its your own tools, analyser, fuel, insurance. I didn't get far enough to find out if consumables (smoke matches/pellets/firetape etc) are supplied.
A doddle if it's all condensing boilers but as has already been said, throw in a couple of fires or back boilers then ten to twelve may not be achievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler servicing for EON in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock