Discuss Boiler ok for HW but pilot goes out when CH comes on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rustywhiskers

hi our dinosaur boiler which when it works is great is having a senior moment! (1975 Thorn)

the HW has been on for an hour twice a day all summer - switched the heating on this week & it worked..... but at some point during the 5 hours its on for in the evening the pilot light went out. So no heating or HW the next morning.

re-lit it - same thing again.

have had one instance of it staying lit all night & providing HW & CH next morning & then going out again.

Any ideas why each time the heating comes on the pilot light goes out about an hour in to the cycle?

Any help appreciated

RW :)

Have you had it serviced recently

What was he last part changed

I think you may need an engineer to attend. Be sure to tell them you have issues with the pilot so they bring a part that is usually the issue with
Them

Don't worry, it's a very cheap part

thanks - as its soooo basic a boiler there is nothing to service on it apart from twice yearly clean out - have replaced the thermo coupling a few times over the years & my husband is currently doing that again now so fingers crossed that's all it is - seems unlikely tho as it works for the hw & cuts out for the heating :(

might be speaking too soon but changed the thermocoupling & all is hot hot hot......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler ok for HW but pilot goes out when CH comes on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Hi, would appreciate any thoughts on the below. I have an almost 10yr old Ferroli Modena 32S HE system boiler. (I am aware of their reputation...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock