Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Not firing up Somertimes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strange problem (to me). Sometimes the new Worcester 18RI does not fire up when I would expect it to, for example.

I came home last night and the Hive was showing an actual room temp of 19 deg with a set point of 21 deg.

The boiler was on, with the inlet and outlet temps of around 35 deg (set to 65 deg). The radiators were fairly hot but nothing like they would normally be. After a while (maybe 10 minutes) the boiler fired up and the inlet & outlet went to the usual 68 / 55 deg.

Does this sound ok or could there be a problem.

I'd get the installer to pop round and look it over. It will be in warranty won't it?

We think you should get the installer back round as already said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Not firing up Somertimes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I should be going 10-60 degs in 30-40 mins by my maths. Don't even mention trying to heat HW and CH at the same time. 30 mins with the immersion adds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all...got some issues....drained my working ok system yesterday to upgrade some 15 to 22 on the flow and return rad circuit. Refilled and bled up. Fired boiler up, had hot water and rads for 3-4 hours... Turned off to cool. Boiler would not fire on timer later, demand wouldnt work either...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock