Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler leaking water and losing pressure - video of problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris-TT

My gas boiler has been losing around 0.1 bar of pressure a week for some time, since we started using the central heating it suddenly got a lot worse, quite often losing all the pressure overnight, and then a few days ago it was clear that water was leaking. I immediately called a plumber, he came out to look, and said it would need a new pressure release valve which he would need to order, but it shouldn’t leak anymore.
It leaked again, and it’s coming from the top of this pipe. Should this be an easy fix as he has said it could be the heating element that’s gone and if so I will need a new boiler?

Video of leak: https://youtu.be/VaEmiVCFD-k

Very common fail point on a glowworm, replace them all the time. Get him back and tell him what it is.

Very common fail point on a glowworm, replace them all the time. Get him back and tell him what it is.

Thanks Alex, given the symptoms and your experience do you think it will need just this part replacing or both this and the pressure release valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler leaking water and losing pressure - video of problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock