Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler leaking water and losing pressure - video of problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris-TT

My gas boiler has been losing around 0.1 bar of pressure a week for some time, since we started using the central heating it suddenly got a lot worse, quite often losing all the pressure overnight, and then a few days ago it was clear that water was leaking. I immediately called a plumber, he came out to look, and said it would need a new pressure release valve which he would need to order, but it shouldn’t leak anymore.
It leaked again, and it’s coming from the top of this pipe. Should this be an easy fix as he has said it could be the heating element that’s gone and if so I will need a new boiler?

Video of leak: https://youtu.be/VaEmiVCFD-k

Very common fail point on a glowworm, replace them all the time. Get him back and tell him what it is.

Very common fail point on a glowworm, replace them all the time. Get him back and tell him what it is.

Thanks Alex, given the symptoms and your experience do you think it will need just this part replacing or both this and the pressure release valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler leaking water and losing pressure - video of problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a steady water drip from the boiler. After clearing up and putting a container beneath the boiler, he went to bed. This morning the water drip had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock