Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler flue termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all I tried to express but the language barrier sometimes doesn't let me express myself :) but I appreciate that people like you @oz-plumber exist and read between the lines.

I cannot install the boiler neither give her accurate advise and therefore I asked you gas safe engineers. I am running a business and have to so,ve issues like this too, even though I am not registered. It doesn't look good to say I am sorry but you need to look for someone else's especially not when you got recommended.

However, I am very thankful that people take it serious and helping me out whenever I asked for help. That's the reason why I love this forum that much. Thumbs up to you all

Can't you say to the customer

I'm not gas safe reg but my friend is, here's his number contact him for the works, But I can do the plumbing and soil works?

Yes what's the other flats got hiu?
I haven't been to other flats.
I just got the job yesterday and will meet them tomorrow to see the whole job. I just wanted to make sure that the idea of a HIU unit is good.

The thing is they want me to install:

Central heating
Hot & cold water for 2 bathrooms and kitchen
2 rooms underfloor heating
Waste pipe for the flat
And second fix of 2 baths, 1 double basin, shower tray, 2 back to wall toilets, and all other accessories.
HIU unit

So just to be on the safe side I wanted to know if the HIU unit is a good idea.

Does the ballpark figure 12-16k seem fair ?

Can't you say to the customer

I'm not gas safe reg but my friend is, here's his number contact him for the works, But I can do the plumbing and soil works?
Sure I could!

But what about making more money? Getting more customers ? It's all about reputation. it looks much better when I solve the whole job under my name and get things sorted even though I hire my mate for doing the boiler. I do not like sharing my customers , I like growing as a company. Especially once I am qualified. So why not starting earlier to get more customers, as long as the job is been done to regs no one cares.

I haven't been to other flats.
I just got the job yesterday and will meet them tomorrow to see the whole job. I just wanted to make sure that the idea of a HIU unit is good.

The thing is they want me to install:

Central heating
Hot & cold water for 2 bathrooms and kitchen
2 rooms underfloor heating
Waste pipe for the flat
And second fix of 2 baths, 1 double basin, shower tray, 2 back to wall toilets, and all other accessories.
HIU unit

So just to be on the safe side I wanted to know if the HIU unit is a good idea.

Does the ballpark figure 12-16k seem fair ?

Yea about right they supplying bathrooms etc ?

Yea about right they supplying bathrooms etc ?
They supply all materials.
I just mentioned to get crimping fittings to make the work much faster and less risk of leaks. All materials are top quality. So I just will do the job with my mate.

Thanks for your help Shauni, I really appreciate it.

Hi Ron - and Plumbers Arms?

Ron's a trusted member, and also posted his question in the Plumbers Arms.

He wanted advice from experienced people who are included in a non public area of the forum.

Why not give him advice and help him out?
If I knew your regs, I would have no problem answering his questions?

I understand that you cannot give advice to DIY'ers about gas related issues, but they do not have access to Plumbers Arms.

You all give advice to DIY'ers about 'How to do Plumbing' but won't answer a couple of questions by a trusted member the the Plumbers Arms.

All Ron wanted to know is what to do with a flue termination due to a house extension.

He doesn't need the 3rd degree questioning of his credential, qualifications, experience and who his gas engineer is...particularly in this section of the forum and more so, due to his credentials for his contributions to this forum in general.

FFS Fella's.. all Ron asked for was advice on the Flue termination.

They supply all materials.
I just mentioned to get crimping fittings to make the work much faster and less risk of leaks. All materials are top quality. So I just will do the job with my mate.

Thanks for your help Shauni, I really appreciate it.

Remember to post pics if you get it once your finished :)

Definitely will do. During the process. I literally cannot wait to start this sort of big job will a great experience with good finish.

I might be back to ask a couple of questions :)

Hi Ron - and Plumbers Arms?

Ron's a trusted member, and also posted his question in the Plumbers Arms.

He wanted advice from experienced people who are included in a non public area of the forum.

Why not give him advice and help him out?
If I knew your regs, I would have no problem answering his questions?

I understand that you cannot give advice to DIY'ers about gas related issues, but they do not have access to Plumbers Arms.

You all give advice to DIY'ers about 'How to do Plumbing' but won't answer a couple of questions by a trusted member the the Plumbers Arms.

All Ron wanted to know is what to do with a flue termination due to a house extension.

He doesn't need the 3rd degree questioning of his credential, qualifications, experience and who his gas engineer is...particularly in this section of the forum and more so, due to his credentials for his contributions to this forum in general.

FFS Fella's.. all Ron asked for was advice on the Flue termination.

I can see where your coming from but diy plumbing is a lot different to gas work

I speak for myself in regards if he was qulified (gas safe) I would be happy to give advice and answer any questions, but as he isn't so can't advise,

If he doesn't trust he gas safe engy, once he's been out to look at the job and quoted for the works

What stops Ron asking us does this sound right and does the relevant works comply with gas regs

Needs an engys eyes on it first

What type of underfloor heating would you recommend ? Finish floor will be floorboards as they are going to raise the floor level to make it even everywhere. What manifold would you use? I've seen recently a new product like a click and twist system

What type of underfloor heating would you recommend ? Finish floor will be floorboards as they are going to raise the floor level to make it even everywhere. What manifold would you use? I've seen recently a new product like a click and twist system

Have a word with u heat @Uheat – Wojtek

[QUOTE="ShaunCorbs,

What stops Ron asking us does this sound right and does the relevant works comply with gas regs
[/QUOTE]

Splitting hairs Shaun.

That's what I thought he was asking.....and not reading between the lines.

Splitting hairs Shaun.

That's what I thought he was asking...and not reading between the lines.

Not quite as his gas safe engy might see somthing we can't, that makes our advice nil and void

I think we all should relax it's no point of us arguing about a silly question. I understand the point of @ShaunCorbs but I also agree to @oz-plumber ... I cannot ask and bother him all the time as he works for himself too. It's very obvious I am not working on gas appliances and therefore seeking help. I was at the property and she wants me to take care of the conservatory. I just seen that the flue hasn't been moved and therefore wanted to make sure before starting the job that's complies with regs or not. If not then I'd get my mate to relocate the termination of the flue or relocate the boiler if necessary.

So please relax both ...

It's all good Ron just difference of opinion

I think we all should relax it's no point of us arguing about a silly question. I understand the point of @ShaunCorbs but I also agree to @oz-plumber . I cannot ask and bother him all the time as he works for himself too. It's very obvious I am not working on gas appliances and therefore seeking help. I was at the property and she wants me to take care of the conservatory. I just seen that the flue hasn't been moved and therefore wanted to make sure before starting the job that's complies with regs or not. If not then I'd get my mate to relocate the termination of the flue or relocate the boiler if necessary.

So please relax both .

Hi, is it correct that you have done a ACS course ? if so you must have the reference books that you used, and these will cover things like flue positions etc.. so you must have a pretty good idea of what is allowed and what is not ! is it more that you don't trust your own judgement ? Maybe you need to slow down a little & not rush head long into to meny jobs at once, Old saying 'Learn to walk before you run'

Hi, is it correct that you have done a ACS course ? if so you must have the reference books that you used, and these will cover things like flue positions etc.. so you must have a pretty good idea of what is allowed and what is not ! is it more that you don't trust your own judgement ? Maybe you need to slow down a little & not rush head long into to meny jobs at once, Old saying 'Learn to walk before you run'
i haven't done the acs exam I just was in a middle of the Theorie and doing partly on site works for my portfolio but as you may heard the academy shut down / got liquidated and therefore I couldn't do my acs exam. I just lost over 3,5k and had no chance to get 1 penny back. Not I am starting again and hoping this time it will work out.
I am not rushing my work I always take my time but as long as I haven't done a proper course I will not judge on as I think I haven't got the right knowledge and do not want to misjudge things. I'd rather ask to be on the safe side.

Speaking of boiler flues...what the difference in a large chip pan grill cover and the shorter compact one?

So a stubby little worcestor flue has no need for the largest chip pan? can it be swapped for a smaller less ugly one?

So a stubby little worcestor flue has no need for the largest chip pan? can it be swapped for a smaller less ugly one?

you on about guard if so yes, aslong a it clears the flue by about 2" in-front of it fine

also ron saw this and thought of you

C-BN0MRXYAEkI_P.jpg:large

you on about guard if so yes, aslong a it clears the flue by about 2" in-front of it fine

also ron saw this and thought of you

C-BN0MRXYAEkI_P.jpg:large
But that's not the way I'd plumb ;) looks like homemade diy - people don't give a damn about their own health and safety

But that's not the way I'd plumb ;) looks like homemade diy - people don't give a damn about their own health and safety
Think it is more down to a little knowledge being dangerous myself, somebody read somewhere that it wasn`t right and thought "I know how to fix it".

Think it is more down to a little knowledge being dangerous myself, somebody read somewhere that it wasn`t right and thought "I know how to fix it".
If I do not how to fix it and especially not having the right certificate to do so then I would say:sorry but that's out of my skills and it needs professional hands! No one will be point at you and say what a plumber, no he will appreciate it as you do not mess with his health and safety. It's nothing wrong with not knowing few things, the whole life is a learning progress. I am not ashamed of having not knowing all.

If I do not how to fix it and especially not having the right certificate to do so then I would say:sorry but that's out of my skills and it needs professional hands! No one will be point at you and say what a plumber, no he will appreciate it as you do not mess with his health and safety. It's nothing wrong with not knowing few things, the whole life is a learning progress. I am not ashamed of having not knowing all.
Nothing wrong with your work ethics, you don`t know something so you ask but a lot of people are counting every penny and will feel smug thinking Job Done!

Well said oz , @ShaunCorbs , matchless is simply asking advice , theres no need to bombarb him with does n donts as its just a question, he isnt asking how to do any gas work niether is he asking on open forum , hes simply asking advice which anyone can do , he should manage to ask a question without being made to feel like hes wrong in doing so, and also the building isnt up round the flue so as the picture is theres nothing wrong with builders starting while the flue is still in situ ,
@matchless your engineer will check manufacturers options of flueing also BS5440 ,
Guys dont get carried away with authority and help each other as much as poss, keep to forum rules n regs lol and everything will run smooth,

Well said oz , @ShaunCorbs , matchless is simply asking advice , theres no need to bombarb him with does n donts as its just a question, he isnt asking how to do any gas work niether is he asking on open forum , hes simply asking advice which anyone can do , he should manage to ask a question without being made to feel like hes wrong in doing so, and also the building isnt up round the flue so as the picture is theres nothing wrong with builders starting while the flue is still in situ ,
@matchless your engineer will check manufacturers options of flueing also BS5440 ,
Guys dont get carried away with authority and help each other as much as poss, keep to forum rules n regs lol and everything will run smooth,
Much appreciate for your input even of @ShaunCorbs ... everyone has its own opinion but as you said I just was asking to make my customer realise what she has to do. Thanks anyway to all the engineers here on the forum for giving always a good advise. I really appreciate , thumbs up

update,

I just went out to the customer with my mate and he solved the job.
he just was so lucky that he had to drill the other side and all he had to drill was brisk blocks MUHHAHHAHA what an easy flue change.

He, cemented the old hole and left the job clean and tidy.
after that, he commissioned the boiler from outside as the flue didnt have a commissioning hole.

thanks for all your help and hoping to get more in the future.

kind regards

ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler flue termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock