Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler flue termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/attachments/img_1446-png.29615/

Hey lads,
The flue you see in the picture will be inside a conservatory and I was wondering if my customer would still be ok when she let install a plume kit through the conservatory roof? Is that against regs or will that be ok? I would like to make her aware of it if that's the case.

Kind regards,

Ron

No no no no no

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/attachments/img_1446-png.29615/

Hey lads,
The flue you see in the picture will be inside a conservatory and I was wondering if my customer would still be ok when she let install a plume kit through the conservatory roof? Is that against regs or will that be ok? I would like to make her aware of it if that's the case.

Kind regards,

Ron
Does anybody know why I cannot access the link above. It says I do not have access????

My link would nt work , combustion air must come from outside .

Here you go

IMG_2462.jpg

My link would nt work , combustion air must come from outside .
So town, thanks for your reply too.

So you saying even if she used a plume kit it would not meet the regs so the only way of getting around it is to either change the termination of the flue or install the boiler higher or somewhere else ?

So town, thanks for your reply too.

So you saying even if she used a plume kit it would not meet the regs so the only way of getting around it is to either change the termination of the flue or install the boiler higher or somewhere else ?

How do you know it hasn't been priced for already ?

How do you know it hasn't been priced for already ?
Because it's my customer simple as that and I also asked about the flue if she needs to do something about it or not. Very simple question isnt it?

Pics here now , could a new flue go through the adjacent wall ? . How old is the boiler , is it ready for changing ?

The builders are my mates, they are not doing any other work except from doing the brisk blocks and foundation

If there your mates they shouldn't of started till a gas safe engy had done his works

They wont want to change that then , flue on the other wall then maybe
That's all I wanted to know! Thanks a lot.

I was just asking if that's against the regs so I can inform her and speak to her about it. I can get then my mate in to let him do the job.

Thanks much appreciate it

If there your mates they shouldn't of started till a gas safe engy had done his works
Why not? I cannot see any other issue. My gas mate will come and decommissioning the boiler and change the flue termination hole. I cannot see any other problem. The materials will arrive next week Wednesday so I have got enough time to let this sort out.

Even though, you are so picky about all I thank you for your time and help as usual.

Much appreciate it, thumbs up for you all.

Kind regards

Ron

Why not? I cannot see any other issue. My gas mate will come and decommissioning the boiler and change the flue termination hole. I cannot see any other problem. The materials will arrive next week Wednesday so I have got enough time to let this sort out.

May not be able to move the flue as looks like the boundary to next door is too close

Unless that's there tree to the left of the flue

If it isn't that means boiler will need to be moved which isn't cheap and doesn't look good to the customer, having to pay extra once the work has started unless they quoted for the movement of the boiler ??

May not be able to move the flue as looks like the boundary to next door is too close

Unless that's there tree to the left of the flue

If it isn't that means boiler will need to be moved which isn't cheap and doesn't look good to the customer, having to pay extra once the work has started unless they quoted for the movement of the boiler ??

Before I got the job I told her the boiler needs either repositioned or the flue termination needs changing. Is all cool @ShaunCorbs :)
The boundary isn't right there the tree belongs to them they've got quite a big garden though.

What's the distance from the boundary to the flue ? Is there any reg you will need to consider? I believe it has to be 1.5m is that about right ?

Get your gas safe engy to quote for the works needed

Am I missing something why ask us and not the person who's going to do the works ???

Get your gas safe engy to quote for the works needed

Am I missing something why ask us and not the person who's going to do the works ???
Because, I want to make sure before I ask him. I hired him only twice and therefore not sure if he does all the jobs accordingly. As you know many people hold the license but do crappy work and I can not run a business with such a standard. It's all about reputation isn't it? So I am sorry if I asked you but to me it's important to that things are done to regs

Because, I want to make sure before I ask him. I hired him only twice and therefore not sure if he does all the jobs accordingly. As you know many people hold the license but do crappy work and I can not run a business with such a standard. It's all about reputation isn't it? So I am sorry if I asked you but to me it's important to that things are done to regs
Silly question ! but if you are using a gas guy and your not sure that he is doing things the right way, Then why are you still using him ???

Silly question ! but if you are using a gas guy and your not sure that he is doing things the right way, Then why are you still using him ???
I am not qualified and therefore I do not know all the relevant regs so I have to put a certain trust into my mate, don't I? furthermore he doesn't live in my area he lives 25/30 miles from me so it's not just that easy to get hold of him as he is busy too isn't he? But that's not the point here, I just wanted to know if that's to regs or not and if not what should be changed to make it to regs that's all I wanted to know from you guys.

I think,I didn't do anything wrong by asking for a help:/

Thanks anyway, thumbs up for your support!

I am not qualified and therefore I do not know all the relevant regs so I have to put a certain trust into my mate, don't I? furthermore he doesn't live in my area he lives 25/30 miles from me so it's not just that easy to get hold of him as he is busy too isn't he? But that's not the point here, I just wanted to know if that's to regs or not and if not what should be changed to make it to regs that's all I wanted to know from you guys.

I think,I didn't do anything wrong by asking for a help:/

Thanks anyway, thumbs up for your support!

As it is its against the regs ! is it possible that you can put up a photo of side wall as that's looks the best option ? it will have to be changed asap B4 building work gets much further ahead

As it is its against the regs ! is it possible that you can put up a photo of side wall as that's looks the best option ? it will have to be changed asap B4 building work gets much further ahead
Of course I will get a couple more picture so you can then judge better. Thanks for coming back by the way.

One more question,
What do people charge for installing HIU units do you know what's the ballpark figure ?

Depends on a lot of things new or replacement

Any spec ??

Depends on a lot of things new or replacement

Any spec ??
Another customer from central London, wants in a new build block of flat new central heating installation and he's got currently only a commercial boiler downstairs in the basement. The main riser goes up right to the top but they never installed heating in his top floor flat. So now he wants to have heating installed throughout the flat. My mate mentioned to have a separate boiler installed HIU unit to not have water hammer sludge. Loss of temperature , interruption some sort of ... and he mentioned a HIU unit would be solving all this problem. Firstly the architect thought just to connect into the riser and run pipework into the flat.

So now, I do not know what's the best way. I believe that my mate isn't that wrong which is to install a HIU unit. The customer also wants some underfloor heating over there kitchen and living room.

I do not know what's a rough ballpark figure for the HIU units therefore I thought you could give me a hint some sort of brackets

Heads up Fella's,

Ron posted the question in Plumbers Arms!!

He asked advice from people allowed in this section.
He doesn't need the third degree questioning that he has got.

The DIY'ers get more help in the open forum regarding questions like this, than you are giving Ron in the Plumbers Arms.
He's in here for a reason and there is no reason that he should feel ( what seems intimidating) to ask questions about something he need advice on.

Someone should come out and answer his question without questioning him why he is answering the question.

He wants advice from people in the Arms, we should give it to him.

Between 2-6k ish and come of the com boilers and use the hiu for everything don't install another boiler

Heads up Fella's,

Ron posted the question in Plumbers Arms!!

He asked advice from people allowed in this section.
He doesn't need the third degree questioning that he has got.

The DIY'ers get more help in the open forum regarding questions like this, than you are giving Ron in the Plumbers Arms.
He's in here for a reason and there is no reason that he should feel ( what seems intimidating) to ask questions about something he need advice on.

Someone should come out and answer his question without questioning him why he is answering the question.

He wants advice from people in the Arms, we should give it to him.

That's all I tried to express but the language barrier sometimes doesn't let me express myself :) but I appreciate that people like you @oz-plumber exist and read between the lines.

I cannot install the boiler neither give her accurate advise and therefore I asked you gas safe engineers. I am running a business and have to so,ve issues like this too, even though I am not registered. It doesn't look good to say I am sorry but you need to look for someone else's especially not when you got recommended.

However, I am very thankful that people take it serious and helping me out whenever I asked for help. That's the reason why I love this forum that much. Thumbs up to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler flue termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock