Discuss blow torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hunterseye

Anyone recommend a decent cheapish blow torch and which is the best gas to use for soldering. Need to buy one this week as i'm doing some soldering next week.Many thanks all.

Bernzomatic, exact like a superfire however the flame is more direct reducing scorching

I own both a superfire 2 and a bernzomatic and I use the burnzomatic all the time, the superfire 2 is more or a back up now. Its ideal as the flame is smaller than a superfire 2 so its easy to manage. It was also cheaper than the superfire 2.

DIY / Professional Range | GoSystem

about £15 - £20 , can be used with mapp or propane. Great for novice or professional. I solder 35mm copper with mine with no problems. I save my power torch for cold winter days outside now.

i think they may sell em at b and q

I prefer mapp because its hotter and solders faster plus good to work with pipe with bit of water in.
Users preference

For someone inexperienced propane is better as there is less scope for damage. Mapp burns a lot hotter and you can easily cook the flux making it less effective.

I'm sick of buying new superfire2s, they don't seem to last long with heavy use.

For someone inexperienced propane is better as there is less scope for damage. Mapp burns a lot hotter and you can easily cook the flux making it less effective.

Plus it is a lot easier to cook the surrounding area with mapp

Mapp gas is handy if there's a touch of water left in a pipe tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to blow torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate...
Replies
Views
Hi, my wife decided she wanted new modern bathtaps instead of the old 'supertaps' we've had since we bought the place. So we bought the new taps...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm in middle of my bathroom renovation and about to connect up the shower valve. Thus far I've run all copper but would you recommend I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock