Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss blow torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hunterseye

Anyone recommend a decent cheapish blow torch and which is the best gas to use for soldering. Need to buy one this week as i'm doing some soldering next week.Many thanks all.

Bernzomatic, exact like a superfire however the flame is more direct reducing scorching

I own both a superfire 2 and a bernzomatic and I use the burnzomatic all the time, the superfire 2 is more or a back up now. Its ideal as the flame is smaller than a superfire 2 so its easy to manage. It was also cheaper than the superfire 2.

DIY / Professional Range | GoSystem

about £15 - £20 , can be used with mapp or propane. Great for novice or professional. I solder 35mm copper with mine with no problems. I save my power torch for cold winter days outside now.

i think they may sell em at b and q

I prefer mapp because its hotter and solders faster plus good to work with pipe with bit of water in.
Users preference

For someone inexperienced propane is better as there is less scope for damage. Mapp burns a lot hotter and you can easily cook the flux making it less effective.

I'm sick of buying new superfire2s, they don't seem to last long with heavy use.

For someone inexperienced propane is better as there is less scope for damage. Mapp burns a lot hotter and you can easily cook the flux making it less effective.

Plus it is a lot easier to cook the surrounding area with mapp

Mapp gas is handy if there's a touch of water left in a pipe tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to blow torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock