Search the forum,

Discuss blow torch flame disorientated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
they flame on my blow torch has gone totally disorientated it has occasionally done his when I have had some solder drop in the nozzle. Once this was removed it has been ok. But now the flame is disorientated even though the nozzle that you can unscrew is clear. Any thoughts on what's going on?

As the Cropster says
Take it off and put it in the flame of another to burn the flux/crap out of it
Always works for me

take the jet out and leave it soak in vinegar,that should sort it

mine went today same, had to get piper-alpha out the van( the t2000) set fire to customers dust sheet when fitting fell on it ;)
my regulars a burnzomatic quickfire with plastic knob to turn gas on, think its come off spindle and overgassing or the air flows blocked.?

Could changing the jet be an option? I have a spare one that came when I bought a spare burner nozzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to blow torch flame disorientated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock