Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bleeding a drained combi system... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigb1970

Im going to be draining a combi system to change a couple of rads and pipework.When i bleed the system do i need to release air from boiler in anyway which is situated downstairs in kitchen ,or will bleeding all the rads be okay..??

The combi should be fitted with an auto air vent. You may need to bleed the pump though.

Mike

To bleed the pump do i just undo the centre screw to alow air out?cheers for the help it much appreciated

Yes, but make sure you've got a cloth or some tissue in place to catch any water. It's inclined to spill over the electrics if you're not careful.

Mike

I fit a lot of worcestre boilers,and they now have a piece of rubber tubing attached to the appliance,that will allow air to be bled from the boiler safely
Its not allways easy to properly vent a boiler correctly,its a little more than bleeding the pump!
To bleed the pump on a combi it does require the case to be removed,the removal of the case will constitute works to an appliance, which is illegal if you are not a registered installer who will hold all the current qualifications .
The fact that the gas is not being touched does not matter

Speaking as one of the above registered installers, if you hold those qualifications you would know the answer to the question you have asked

May be tomorrows sad demsise of CORGI will actually one day stop people messing with boilers and allow for qualified installers to carry out work to a good standard. long live the register

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bleeding a drained combi system... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 400 15kW Heat Only Boiler I've got air in the pump and one gas engineer has said I need to move the pipes as they are...
Replies
Views
My father has a parkray fire which has a back boiler . He had a leaky radiator, when he was attempting to fix leak the circulating pump...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock