Search the forum,

Discuss Bleed Value problem - not vent all air in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SpaceMonkey

I have a problem with a new radiator (badly designed) where I need a bleed value that bleeds from the top instead of the middle of the value. Don't know if there is such a thing, can't find one.

The issue is that the radiator has 4 upright columns that are linked at the top by a round pipe. The water flows up the right 2 columns through the round pipe and then down the left 2 columns. The holes between the columns and the round pipe are half way down the round pipe. So if I use a standard bleed valve that vents from the centre I am unable to bleed all the air out of the round pipe. As a consequence when the radiator is running I get a constant loud bubbling noise as the air passes between the round pipe and the columns.

I cobbled together a set of plumbing fittings that I screwed into the screw where the bleed valve goes which allows me to bleed more air out of the round tube. As a result I no longer get the constant radiator noise.

However, I really need a bleed valve that does not vent from the middle of the valve but towards the top edge. Is there such a thing or am I going to have to make a bespoke bleed valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bleed Value problem - not vent all air in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
I am after an advice, please. We have a vertical radiator from Reina, Evie, that heats up only 2nd column fully, 1,3 and 4 are lukewarm. I borrowed a thermal camera and attached is the thermal image. System is balanced, there doesn't seem to be air coming out of the bleeding valve and was...
Replies
Views
I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine initially, but I noticed that the little bleed screw needed to be turned a little tighter each time I bled that radiator to seal it up again. Having bled it...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
Hi so I changed a towel radiator in bathroom from a normal radiator. I bunged the f&e tank and vent pipe , drained about a pint of water out the pipes. Altered the pipes to the new rad. Then removed the bungs. Gone to bleed the radiator it filled slightly now no air is coming out. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock