Search the forum,

Discuss Bleed Value problem - not vent all air in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SpaceMonkey

I have a problem with a new radiator (badly designed) where I need a bleed value that bleeds from the top instead of the middle of the value. Don't know if there is such a thing, can't find one.

The issue is that the radiator has 4 upright columns that are linked at the top by a round pipe. The water flows up the right 2 columns through the round pipe and then down the left 2 columns. The holes between the columns and the round pipe are half way down the round pipe. So if I use a standard bleed valve that vents from the centre I am unable to bleed all the air out of the round pipe. As a consequence when the radiator is running I get a constant loud bubbling noise as the air passes between the round pipe and the columns.

I cobbled together a set of plumbing fittings that I screwed into the screw where the bleed valve goes which allows me to bleed more air out of the round tube. As a result I no longer get the constant radiator noise.

However, I really need a bleed valve that does not vent from the middle of the valve but towards the top edge. Is there such a thing or am I going to have to make a bespoke bleed valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bleed Value problem - not vent all air in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock