Discuss Best hoover ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

I need a hoover that will just suck up all crap ! Henry ? Or the hilti big boy ? Henry hoovers do seem to just keep going and going !

Got an Henry and a George.... use George for sucking out last dregs of header tanks or pipes when Working on drop fed rads etc, just stuff u gauge tube up or on pipe and a rag and tube into vac hose......make it earn it's purchase £££

i use a earlex cost between £35 and £50 not quite sure had henrys in the past and this dose just as well at half and then some less!

now on my second henry first one 12 years second ones about 8,first one died after i forgot its not a vet vac pretty sad site when he died,his head caught on fire and his base exploded RIP henry one,you sucked,except water obviously

It's Henry for me.
Don't need a bag with this, very useful when you suck up casing screws
and nuts by mistake.

I have a Karcher wet and dry hoover, cant fault it at all to be honest.

I have a henry but managed to find a modekl on the net without the low power start. I do a fair dit of ac filter cleaning and bending down repeatedly get me at my time of life. I als have a little Dewalt 240 and battery that will wet and dry. use lots on ac leaks and pumps no 240v across shop/ office floors.

If it's dry only I swear by the Sebo BS36. It has a powerful rotating brush which picks up all the bits on carpets or vinyl and its a powerful sucker.

For wet I have the original Vax (the orange one) which was built to commercial specs (the new ones are rubbish). It shampoos as well. I have another one which I use for sucking muck out of boilers

henry all day long. if it fits up the nozzle it will suck it up

I have a Karcher wet and dry hoover, cant fault it at all to be honest.

Screwfix are knocking some of these out for £100 at the moment, can't remember what modle.Is yours one of those?

I know someone who had a Karcher machine, what a load of brown stuff, really feeble plasticy and naff clips which broke so the whole thing ended up being fastened together with gaffer tape

i also have the karcher needed a hoover after henry had a personality crisis and thought he was george! un packed the karcher fired it up and had to turn it off before it sucked up the family pet!! the thing is brilliant! however as mentioned it is a little plasticy and if you throw it in the van bits of plastic will fall off but look after it and it should be fine. doubles up as a wet vac and my only criticism of that is its holding capacity is rather low.

Karcher WD 2.200 1200W Multipurpose Vacuum 240V | NoLinkingToThis

The Numatic NVQ 250 is a Henry cleaner only it is all metal body & will last forever if treated right. Not sure if this exact model is still made.
Anyone using Numatic/Henry cleaners should avoid the proper bags for them as they are tat & tear open inside the cleaner. Use a quality equivilent bag. The filter can be replaced with a special type for cleaning oil boilers, Agas, etc. If you ever suck up a spark inside soot & the bag & filter burn, soot will go into motor. This will require a strip down of motor & there will be sooted wadding that will be blocking the air flow in the motor housing. Would be a shame to throw it out instead of cleaning it.

Last edited:
Had a Henry for over 10 years and never had a problem apart from the ON/OFF switch getting stuck in the ON position. (Push button, not the switch type).

Was sucking up a bit of plaster in a basin and accidently sucked up the water from the trap, left it to dry out and it's still going like new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best hoover ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
O
im a DIYer remodeling my master bath. long story short, after tiling my toilet flange is too high. im aware of all of the options to repair, but...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock