Search the forum,

Discuss Bent my TRV pin. It's not currently leaking, but could it come loose? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning!

I've had no heat in my attic bedroom for over 2 years - the rest of the radiators worked fine, but this one was a dead duck.

I watched some YouTube videos, and read through these forums, and decided to have a look at the TRV pin. Lo and behold it was stuck down!

I managed to free it and small amount of water came out. I put it back in and tried pushing it back down, but it's completely stuck sticking upwards! I tried to force it down by pressing on it, and the pin bent sideways under the pressure.

The good news is the radiator is now hot...

My question is, is it OK to leave the bent pin in there? I never adjust the thermostats, and the cap has secured it in place. I don't think it's leaking, but is there a danger it could pop out while it's like this?

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Hi, I am glad that you have managed to fix the radiator and have got a warm room!

Hopefully one of our members will be able to answer your query.

Reply to Bent my TRV pin. It's not currently leaking, but could it come loose? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock