Discuss Baxi solo 30HE, Experienced advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
This is an elusive problem.
The boiler keeps goin to lock out when it's on DHW only, fella has to reset it sometimes 3xday, yet i was there for hour n half nothing, after reset when I arrived...
I checked gas inlet pressure-19mB with both HW+CH on.. maybe i shoulda done it with only HW?
Checked condensate trap and the next thing on the 'fault finding list' is the flame detection probe- damaged...
My question is... cuz i not seen any broken ones before... how do i know it's knackered.. the thing bothering me is that it works sometimes...?
So, do I just get a replacement electrodes kit, then change it. I mean time wise and money wise.
Been on to their techi help line, still no obvious solution.
Need some experienced advice.... anyone?

Have you run through all of the fault finding in the Ignition and overheat lockout section of MI ? has customer got them ?

Ted 808, sometimes with intermittent faults you have to start somewhere or the custard looses faith ... I've explained on many occasions that I can not be 100% but lets start with the cheapest possible cause and take it from there! Always seek their permission and be honest ........... You could measure the spark/detection electrode gaps and check the earthing on the electrode and boiler. Poor earth's can lead to rectification notification issues....

My question is... cuz i not seen any broken ones before... how do i know it's knackered.. ... anyone?

You measure the resistance of the electrodes, Is there a coating of Carbon on them ??..If ignition L/O then always change the electrodes

The lights are on - off - on. MI say ignition fault. Following fault chart. Got to the bit with the electrode.. but ran out of time, have to go back.

Thanks diamongas.. will add that to my list to check next time.. and I look forward to solving the problem...

Last edited:
You measure the resistance of the electrodes, Is there a coating of Carbon on them ??..If ignition L/O then always change the electrodes

Thanks poxi, think I will get a set of electrodes before my next visit, gotto start doing something.

The electrodes are a common fault on these, definitely start with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi solo 30HE, Experienced advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock