Discuss Baxi Advance 25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So having been on these forums a fortnight or so ago and read up on the Baxi Advance, I am now the proud owner of one... Its lovely and quiet and more than up to the job of keeping the house warm!

I do though have a question. When it was installed on Thursday I was sure that the two lights on the front of the boiler were on constantly. We had the hot water valve's motor changed yesterday and now the left hand light is flashing every 5 seconds. Is this OK? I've looked in the manual and it seems to be suggesting this is a fault?

I would be most grateful for your opinions - I'm no expert and because the manual covers three models I might be looking at something which is for another model, but I'm sure the boiler seems to be running a little noisier than last week, which is when I then saw the flashing light.

Not quite sure why my original post was closed? Have already contacted my installer who has said there is nothing wrong - I was simply trying to establish whether you guys agreed or whether I should contact my installer again to come out.... Not asking for you to diagnose the fault!

Many thanks

TBH Sally,you need to either have a word with your installer or ring Baxi customer service for advice,the good news is Baxi are brilliant after the event,a real solid company

Sally. We have clear cut rules with regards giving advice on gas appliances. We don't do it. This is why I closed your thread earlier.

I fully understand and accept your explanation that you don't want diagnosis and that you have no intention of attempting a repair. However someone might, in trying to help, tell you that it's the flipflop sensor. Someone else reads the thread later, thinks that's what's wrong with his boiler. Replaces the flipflop sensor and blows the side of his house off. That's what we also have to consider while running this forum.

Your boiler is showing up a fault for which you have one of two options.

1. If your installer supplied the boiler he is obliged to return to diagnose and rectify any issues up to and including arranging a warranty repair by Baxi.

2. If you supplied the boiler he is under no obligation to treturn and it is up to you to arrange a warranty repair.

Now, in light of the above I'll allow the thread to remain open this time but I will be watching for any mention of flipflops.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Advance 25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted...
Replies
Views
My Zanussi gas oven has 4 gas rings and 2 gas ovens (the smaller top oven has a grill). (Model ZCG664GNC). There are 6 gas knobs (gas taps you...
Replies
Views
This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2 (it's TurboBlock Pro). Does somebody have service manual / maintenance PDF where can I get some...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock