Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom labour costs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Can anyone who does bathrooms give me an idea of labour costs involved?
Standards sort of size - 1.7x2m
Rip everything out, install new in the same location and full re-tile

I know its asking how long is a piece of string but just a ball park figure, 1,2,3,4,5k?

:coolgleamA:

Between 2 and 4. Lots of variables though.

I always thought 2k was the going rate so turn down bathroom work as its too much effort/hassle for the money
Was chatting to a builder type who seemed to think 3-4k was the going rate for an 'average' quality bathroom

He may have been exaggerating, thats why I thought I would ask those in the know on here
It does seem that lots of plumbers dont do bathrooms and its now seen as a builders job

Doing one at 3000 cash in a few weeks 20 meters of tiles, 4 on the floor, showr bog,basin towel rail, skim ceiling, fit only

Most of ones we do are between 4K and 5k plus the wares but then we never do cheap bathrooms as not worth the hassle

1k labour for the plumbing and leave the tiling etc to someone who does it 5 days a week that can do it better than me.

I have just been quoted ÂŁ4910+ VAT, labour only for a downstairs shower/cloakroom. WC, basin, shower enclosure, towel rail, flooring and about 7m2 of tiling. I'm providing all materials, but will not be accepting this quote.

I have just been quoted ÂŁ4910+ VAT, labour only for a downstairs shower/cloakroom. WC, basin, shower enclosure, towel rail, flooring and about 7m2 of tiling. I'm providing all materials, but will not be accepting this quote.

Thats because you are supplying the materials. Lol.

Or you said you run a merchant and they are trying to get some of their money back.

How big is the bathroom?
If that's a standard bathroom size I think it's over prized. I'd think with materials it could be right but then again it depends on your suit. If you provide the materials it shouldn't be more then 3-4k max ... that's just my opinion. It looks like you don't even tile the bathroom in full do you ? 7m square is not much could be just the bathroom floor.

There are a fitters by me one charges ÂŁ5k minimum for 6x6 room ? Come on who has a room that size and bloke facing me charges ÂŁ5.5k minimum who is always busy so we named him "Chockka" for obvious reasons he gets all materials which are cheap and from local suppliers and pays for tiler cash in hand uses plastic slotted ceiling no plasterboard as too much cost involved
Maybe I'm in the wrong trade?

Just done an enquire. Pretty much a straight swap, fully tiled inc shower
From scratch i charged about ÂŁ800 for the plumbing and the tiler charged roughly a 900-1100
Customer could have paid 8 grand, he wouldn't be able to get a better job.

I don't do many, but last 2, and the next 2 have all been at least 2.5k labour

From scratch i charged about ÂŁ800 for the plumbing and the tiler charged roughly a 900-1100

I have always said this tilers earn more than plumbers and with naff all responsibility .

I have always said this tilers earn more than plumbers and with naff all responsibility .

Lots of things to go wrong with tiling and costly to put right, anyone whos dropped a tile in an expensive shower tray or bath or had to fork out for a failed floor will know what i mean.

TBH we normally charge ÂŁ4,000-4,500 ish plus VAT for labour for bathroom installs. That would be a fairly typically sized bathroom with full height tiling and floor tiling. We don't convert all of them but we convert enough to keep busy.

Granted, this price usually includes skimming and painting ceiling, fitting downlights and a decent extractor fan, tanking matting behind tiling in showers and replacing floor with marine ply if it's chipboard or floorboards. Probably a bit over the top but we would give a 2 year warranty on all of our work.

Bathrooms are a royal pain in the bum and if we're doing them we want to be well compensated for the stress etc!

TBH we normally charge ÂŁ4,000-4,500 ish plus VAT for labour for bathroom installs. That would be a fairly typically sized bathroom with full height tiling and floor tiling. We don't convert all of them but we convert enough to keep busy.

Granted, this price usually includes skimming and painting ceiling, fitting downlights and a decent extractor fan, tanking matting behind tiling in showers and replacing floor with marine ply if it's chipboard or floorboards. Probably a bit over the top but we would give a 2 year warranty on all of our work.

Bathrooms are a royal pain in the bum and if we're doing them we want to be well compensated for the stress etc!

2 years of warranty - that's brave ... some people do not know how to look after their bathrooms. Does the price include materials or is that just labour ?

2 years of warranty - that's brave ... some people do not know how to look after their bathrooms. Does the price include materials or is that just labour ?

To be fair, it took me a day to remove everything and put the tray in / alter shower pipework
Then went back for a day and fitted shower, door and basin/ toilet
Tiler took about 5 days at least.

To be fair, it took me a day to remove everything and put the tray in / alter shower pipework
Then went back for a day and fitted shower, door and basin/ toilet
Tiler took about 5 days at least.

That's just for our labour. To be honest, we don't convert all bathrooms but the ones we do make it worth the work. They are knackering work and already in late 30s can't do them back to back all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom labour costs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

morning everyone. Could someone please give me a ball park figure to have a bath removed and a walkin shower installed, wooden floor with joists, its a very small bathroom but can get a 750mm tray in, price to include tanking and full length polymer coated screen and tiling please. Job in York...
Replies
Views
For residential housing, what are the current regulations and/or recommended/standard practices regarding the supply of cold water to the taps on kitchen sinks and bathroom washbasins? Must the supply come directly from the mains or can it come from the cold water storage tank? Or is the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Very short version. Im a sole trader of only 10 months, but an experieced Plumber of 30 years. Installed a bathroom for a customer, they wanted me to source everything for them and have it delivered directly to them, which l did, once everything had been received by the customer, they then paid...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock