Search the forum,

Discuss Bath panel fitting problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiffter

I've just bought a bath and ready to install it. The bath panel needs to be fitted but there are cardboard tubes in each corner. I need to remove two of these tubes to get the panel to fit properly. Is it okay to remove them or are they there as strengtheners?
Many thanks in advance.

Hi Jiffter.
If they are made from cardboard they are just there to protect in transit.
For a good sturdy fitting for bath panel,try and fix a baton frame up both sides and across the floor. You can then screw to this using srew covers for a good finish.

Many thanks for that. I thought that's probably what they were for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath panel fitting problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hello, I'm wondering if you can help me. I have an insurance company who is trying to get me to make my plumber re-quote for work to replace a broken bath. He's included a bath panel with the quote as it's the type of bath that requires a panel (and the original style is not available so can't...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the bath panel on my P bath, but it came with the house and I don't know what type it is. It has a fairly small bulge for the shower end of the bath, so a lot of p bath panels wouldn't fit. I've checked the most popular bathroom places with no luck. Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi folks Do you guys fit your own timber panels or get a chippy in? A lad I know has fitted one of the mdf panels with the 100mm skirting trim using 2 battens either end of the bath. Customer is refusing to pay as it bows slightly when touched. Do you guys build a frame if you do it...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just discovered that my bath overflow drain pipe is not connected as the flexible drain tube looks like it has been cut off at some point. After studying...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock