Discuss Basi 90e24 blocked heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ginger plumbing

Hi been to a job with a biasi 90e24 and diagnosed the boiler to have a blocked dhw heat exchanger as when they draw hot water off it gets only hot when water is drawn off slowly and goes cold when opened more. Central heating is fine. Only thing is I've never changed one before as new to boiler repairs and it seems to be a mission to get too. So any one who has any advice would be much appreciated also how much would a new one cost???? Many thanks

hi just a thought before u change heatexchanger,have you checked if its going on to high fire when you run the hot tap

Also can the boiler heat as much water as you are running

you can sometimes put your hand on the domestic HE which can help

and dont forget the incoming mains temp is lower this time of year,so takes longer to heat,slow your taps to increase the temp

I would decipher from above replies it may not be what you have diagnosed , not easy game the diagnostic side and can be a costly error.

[DLMURL="http://www.biasi.co.uk/images/manuals/PARVA/SERVICE/0701%20EDITION.pdf"]http://www.biasi.co.uk/images/manuals/PARVA/SERVICE/0701%20EDITION.pdf

[/DLMURL]if its this boiler you have loads of room to change the plate heat

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats happy days compared to some of them its like the krypton factor LOL

like a bull, you can use spirit of salts to clean them or a quick fix is to beat it on a flat surface and then blast the mains through it , Never had one that i could not improve big time

send dave or dan or puddle,tom or redsaw a pm tell them you want to join the plumbers arms and if your gas safe join the gsr only forum as well

Hi guys thanks for the advise bought a new exchanger any how but before fitting it run a few more checks as it cost me ÂŁ95 quid and now the boiler doesnt fire up on hot water at all, they only get hot water sometimes when they call for heat. Have checked DHW flow switch but am told could be a split diaphram on the diverter valve controlling the primary flow switch So might have a look next time im round there as its a love job. Any other ideas????? By the way i am Gas Safe but only got on register recently so am a bit of a virgin at diagnostic at the mo but getting a little better as bought the John Reginald Book Of fault finding and looking at a few courses in the new year. Also couldnt believe the attitude of the man who sold me the DHW heat exchanger who told me i couldnt return it even though it was still sealed and unopened in the box and only had it for a couple off hours. Well after a blazing rough he eventually gave my money back minus ÂŁ9 handling charge, Bloody hell he only passed me it other the counter not as if he had to order this in. Is this normal???? Well have to get my head bit more clued up first before buying any more parts as gaspastemania said could be a costly error.

There is no shortage of idiots out there, I bought a fan from plum centre and they tried to tell me they would not take it back fortunately for them it worked, Had another firm charge me ÂŁ140 for a netaheat fan that was only the motor that cost ÂŁ40 from another firm. I have been repairing boiler for years and sometimes you will get it wrong and that is how you learn by your mistakes , It would be funny if you have to go back and buy it back LOL

Buy it back from that arrogant pr**ck im telling you mate he nearly got dragged over the counter and had it shoved up his arse I've never met such a rude ba***rd in all my life.

Buy it back from that arrogant pr**ck im telling you mate he nearly got dragged over the counter and had it shoved up his arse I've never met such a rude ba***rd in all my life.

you got on well then lol. sometimes there like that by me mate.

I love the ones who may no their way around a storeroom.... but they start dishing out advice to the customers who don't no any better and actually listen to them!!!!

To be fair my local merchants are getting better still mess up alot but because i still use them i can take goods back and they help out alot more now

Yes I am lucky and have good merchants locally that dont mess me about I have a plumbase 5 mins from me but they are useless for spares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basi 90e24 blocked heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock