Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Barrier pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

windycol

I am in the process of converting a set of barns, and about to start the first fix plumbing and underfloor heating, I have already aquired the materials for the underfloor heating itself from Polypipe and note this is polybuteline barrier pipe. The supply for the hot water and underfloor systems will be cascaded electric boilers but this requires a delivery pipe in excess of 35mm and as these will be situated in an outhouse some 28meters from the main building the pipes will need to be in an insulated trench. I would prefer to work in Pex for the delivery but obtaining it in this size is proving difficult. I could use uponor or similar preinsulated but this is expensive and requires special tooling.
My question is that my research shows that Polybuteline pipe was discontinued in 95 so presuambly the addition of the barrier layer has solved most of the issues that polyb had. Is polybuteline barrier now considered to be equal pex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Barrier pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
I am converting a stone barn with 4 washrooms to fit and a remote boiler ( 3 Ph electric due to an abundance of solar power) I intended to fit a...
Replies
Views
P
Hi all. I have an oil powered underfloor heating system in my house. When the house was plumbed I requested that all of the PEX pipes of the...
Replies
Views
plumb-paddy
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock