Discuss banging noise from boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mobile chicane

Hello all, right down to buisness I have a boiler that when running has a banging noise a bit like a "buh.....buh.buh...buh" the flame pic through the observation window is fine and I slackened off the bleed screw on the heating coil inside the burner but there apeared to be no trapped air, I think its a problem with the water boiling in the pipe and not moving round the system quick enough as the sound seems like a kettle boiling.

the boiler is a glowworm fuell saver F, its quite old ( 15yrs + at a guess ) but seems to fire up ok every time, I havent taken the gas pressures yet as I dont have the manual but it was set up by a decent corgi guy about 2 +1/2 yrs ago the fault has been prescent for about 9 months but its waking me up now so I need to do somthing about it :(

any sugestions ?

As you say the problem is lack of flow through the boiler. Most likely causes are system sludged or scaled up or pump on it's way out.

Mike

just de furred the pipes with some cheap stuff from screwfix and it seems to have done the trick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to banging noise from boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock