Search the forum,

Discuss Awkward moments at work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kb76

What are your most awkward moments while on a job? 2 of us on boiler change yesterday, nice couple in their 50's, nice house etc. The wife tells me she's going out now followed by "my husbands leaving today!" Didn't really know what to say and thought I won't mention anything to my mate till we're done and discussing the job over a pint in the local pub later. An hour later the husbands telling him the same thing as he's packing his things into the boot of the car. We finished the job, neither of them there, we had to knock on a neighbours door asking if they had a key to lock up...strange day!

One of the engineers walked into a bedroom to vent a rad last week and there was matey watching **** with headphones on knocking one out!! Awkward!!

1 of my brothers was working in a factory last Monday. Guy in the office had a heart attack dropped dead. Poor lad couldn't be revived even with defibrillator and paramedics.

One of the engineers walked into a bedroom to vent a rad last week and there was matey watching **** with headphones on knocking one out!! Awkward!!

Did he let him finish or just say excuse me

Refilling a system. Thought the bloke was the only person in the house. Walked into a bedroom. Curtains closed. Pinged the light. Naked woman sat up in bed. Did avert my eyes. After a good gawp. Apologised. Filled the rad and moved on.

When we were apprentices, my mate was servicing a bbu.

Then tenant, a fella was wearing suzzys sat on the couch whilst he an engineer did job

Pulled a cupboard away while customer was watching me along with her daughter, male blow up doll falls out still in the box complete with strap on.

it was the mums

Was working in ould ones house when I was about 20. It was d wife of a guy I did a lot of work for. Was out d back servicing oil boiler. She had a load of lacy underwear on the line. She told me she didn't want soot on her undies.
No joke she asked me would she take them off or pull them t one side. I told her t leave them where they were. Thanks did job double quick and legged it

Having seen the way this one's going, I think it's better off in the pub!

Had a job a good 10 years back to sort a part 2 in a loft, don't know if it's the same everywhere but round here a lot of the old houses have a window above some of the doors, I think it's called a skylight. Anyway on my way up the loft ladder I could clearly see the customers daughter 'pleasuring' herself on her bed through the window above her door, obviously I slowed my ascent down a bit, health and safety and all that while on a ladder :)
A year or so ago another customers daughter (who has learning difficulties) said her sister is a dirty pig and she's clean, she asked me to smell her to show how clean she is, I turned towards her saying that I'm busy and she had her top pulled up and possibly the biggest pair of puppies I've ever seen almost in my face :) Her mum was also in the room and just told her to stop it then carried on texting me pictures of her dogs wearing outfits - definitely the most surreal few minutes of my life...

After I was assured that there was definatly no one in the downstairs toilet I flung the door open as I staggard in with my toolbox to be greeted by the my customer sat on the toilet wiping herself.

Years ago, I had a customer who had a boob job done.

She opened the door, I walked in an she asked whether I noticed anything different about her.

( I did notice ) but said " You've changed your hair style"

She lifted her top and asked me if I had noticed 'these'

End of Story

Both mother and daughter knew I was in the house, fused spur was in a bedroom so when job was completed I walked into the bedroom to find 13yr in bra and panties, she freaked out but mum was as good as gold and calmed her down saying it was the same as wearing a bikini.
Thank you mum!

Last edited:
Mum let me in the house and told me daughter was asleep upstairs after working a nightshift, she didn`t tell me daughter was very fit, slept topless and had habit of leaving her boobs on display through half open door!

(Very hot summer)

Last edited:
Father let me in the house and told me son was upstairs asleep, hang on think I`ll put this one on the sparkies forum ! :lol:

I went to change a leaking valve on an unvented cylinder a few years ago. I knock on the door of this bungalow and hear a muffled "It's open mate!" so in I go. I announce my arrival properly and say I'm going to need to turn the mains off to change the leaking valve on the cylinder. "Down here mate!" came the reply so I walked towards the door I can hear the voice coming from and find it slightly ajar and realising it's the bathroom I'm hesitant but he says "In here, come in mate!"

I opened the door and there was the customer. A bloke in his late 60's, sat on the toilet, trousers down taking a dump. To add to this bizarre scene he was puffing away on a cigarette and connected to an oxygen system for his emphysema. I backed out immediately and said, "where's the stopcock?"

"It's here mate, a bit stiff so you'll have to turn it" - It was between the toilet he was sitting on and the wall and he expected me to bend down next to him, taking a carp, and turn it off myself!

I said I wasn't going to carry on talking to him whilst he was giving birth to finless brown trout and would come back in 5 mins. After that everything went fairly well.

Ha ha ha...imagine if you did reach for the stoptap and he said..."while yer down there mate"

The hideous thought did cross my mind. I figured he didn't have long left because he was on **** and oxygen at the same time (and that's without an explosion) and he might go for one last try at a bit of fun.

Come across many odd situations over the years working in peoples homes ,mostly social housing contracts seems to be many odd folk in these types of homes. Been kicked out of a house because a hooker had business, walked in on a chinese guy giving himself a quick knuckle shuffle ,had a few tranvestites open the front door when i have arrived .
The one that makes me chortle tho is when i was passed an apprentice was told he was lazy but needed a hand with someone to hang some rads , halfway through the morning cust comes up and says can i have a word with the apprentice . I ask why whats the matter ? well he's in my bed fast asleep she says . Go in the bedroom and their he is giving it full on ZZZZZZ's.

Could of died at the time .

I once went to repair a faulty shower a while ago and as we walked upstairs together she was explaining there was no heat on any setting as we got to the top of the stairs, she turned and said "we have tried in different positions"

The mother of a customer was offering round the quality streets and she kept saying she loved a big purple one, I couldn't help but smirk.

Also in the tile shop a woman and her husband were in there complaining about a tiler they had recommended and she said she picks up on stuff as shes really anal, at least three times she confirmed loudly in the shop she was anal.

The mother of a customer was offering round the quality streets and she kept saying she loved a big purple one, I couldn't help but smirk.

Also in the tile shop a woman and her husband were in there complaining about a tiler they had recommended and she said she picks up on stuff as shes really anal, at least three times she confirmed loudly in the shop she was anal.

I'm glad I'm not the only childish one here! I had an old bird answer her door a while ago and she greeted me with the words "morning ****!" I nearly soiled myself laughing!

Come across many odd situations over the years working in peoples homes ,mostly social housing contracts seems to be many odd folk in these types of homes. Been kicked out of a house because a hooker had business, walked in on a chinese guy giving himself a quick knuckle shuffle ,had a few tranvestites open the front door when i have arrived .
The one that makes me chortle tho is when i was passed an apprentice was told he was lazy but needed a hand with someone to hang some rads , halfway through the morning cust comes up and says can i have a word with the apprentice . I ask why whats the matter ? well he's in my bed fast asleep she says . Go in the bedroom and their he is giving it full on ZZZZZZ's.

Could of died at the time .

He would've been walking home there and then if he was my apprentice.

Told one apprentice to feck off home because he was no use to me (I'd been gritting my teeth for about two weeks up to this point!)

If it weren't for the fact we were in Enniskillen, 70 miles from where he lived and the public transport wasn't so shyte over here I would've let him go. And then told the management why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Awkward moments at work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock