Discuss Ariston MicroGenus boiler constant ignition failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bisho1

Hi, I've just moved into a new house, which has an Ariston MicroGenus 27 MFFI combi fitted. I've no idea when the boiler was fitted and whether it has ever been serviced, although we did have a plumber in to look it over when we first moved in.

The problem we have is due to ignition failure and the plumber who came out has not been able to solve the problem. Upon calling for DHW or switching to central heating (which has to be done manually at the boiler), the Ignition Failure button illuminates. The burner will ignite but will then shut down after a few seconds. Pressing the reset button causes the burner to ignite again. The reset button may have to be pressed a number of times before the burner stays on.
Most of the time this is OK, although it is annoying if you're running the hot tap downstairs and have to keep running upstairs to reset the boiler. During the very cold weather over the winter, we had additional problems where the fan would run but the boiler really struggled to ignite, with periods of around 30 secs between auto ignition after shutdown.

Looking through the installaion docs, I'm suspecting the detection electrode may be at fault. Before I go and buy one and attempt to fit it, does anyone else have any suggestions?

Finally, not knowing the age of this boiler, is it worth spending money to get it fixed or is it time for a new boiler altogether?

Thanks very much

I would advise that you get a gas safe engineer in to have a look. It will be cheaper and safer in the long run.

Thanks both. So it's probably not as old as I thought. How would you recommend finding a good gas engineer in Derby? I paid out £80 for the last guy (apparently gas safe) who couldn't fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston MicroGenus boiler constant ignition failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock