Discuss Ariston MicroGenus boiler constant ignition failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bisho1

Hi, I've just moved into a new house, which has an Ariston MicroGenus 27 MFFI combi fitted. I've no idea when the boiler was fitted and whether it has ever been serviced, although we did have a plumber in to look it over when we first moved in.

The problem we have is due to ignition failure and the plumber who came out has not been able to solve the problem. Upon calling for DHW or switching to central heating (which has to be done manually at the boiler), the Ignition Failure button illuminates. The burner will ignite but will then shut down after a few seconds. Pressing the reset button causes the burner to ignite again. The reset button may have to be pressed a number of times before the burner stays on.
Most of the time this is OK, although it is annoying if you're running the hot tap downstairs and have to keep running upstairs to reset the boiler. During the very cold weather over the winter, we had additional problems where the fan would run but the boiler really struggled to ignite, with periods of around 30 secs between auto ignition after shutdown.

Looking through the installaion docs, I'm suspecting the detection electrode may be at fault. Before I go and buy one and attempt to fit it, does anyone else have any suggestions?

Finally, not knowing the age of this boiler, is it worth spending money to get it fixed or is it time for a new boiler altogether?

Thanks very much

welcome to the forum , my advice would be get a more experienced gas engineer

I would advise that you get a gas safe engineer in to have a look. It will be cheaper and safer in the long run.

Thanks both. So it's probably not as old as I thought. How would you recommend finding a good gas engineer in Derby? I paid out ÂŁ80 for the last guy (apparently gas safe) who couldn't fix it.

just cos there gas safe doesnt mean there good at repairs they may just do installs where in derby are you

sorry not coming that close in next few weeks , try putting a post in the i need a plumber section fella

if your struggling then i may be able to get over there, when bod tells me whats wrong with it.lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston MicroGenus boiler constant ignition failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock