Discuss Are some of our brethren authoring our own downfall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you charging new clients 50% less than existing, or am I missing something?

It isn't 50% cheaper, its 33% as said, I treat my regular customers to better rates, e.g., they receive £20 discount on servicing if the appliance/s are serviced annually, if they miss the annual service the £20 goes back on, new customers pay more because they are often out of the servicing areas we have planned for any particular day, the chances are it has not been serviced for a while and therefore involves more cleaning, it won't work for everybody, but given that we can usually select around 12 customers in one village/small town on any given day, we can offer a discount because the jobs are all in the same area and have been serviced annually so travel is minimal and the appliances are not bad because they have been done annually, therefore saving time and money, but you need a large customer database to do this.

£40 for first hour for existing customers, diagnose and give a cost for repair without disclosing what the repair is, new customers are £20 more for first hour, get paid the fee at first visit, that way if they trawl the internet for prices and decide not to have the repair, you got paid for the hour you were there. Sorry, I missed the word "more"!

Last edited:
Lol, that sounds like some customers, missing a word! Like AFTER 8am, PLUS vat, etc

£40 for first hour for existing customers, diagnose and give a cost for repair without disclosing what the repair is, new customers are £20 more for first hour, get paid the fee at first visit, that way if they trawl the internet for prices and decide not to have the repair, you got paid for the hour you were there. Sorry, I missed the word "more"!

How do you deal with the queston; "Which bit needs repairing?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Are some of our brethren authoring our own downfall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock