Discuss Apprentice Sacks Boss. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetdrip

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
The nippers told his boss he can't go on the way things are as he's not being paid, or should I say his pay has worked out at around a fiver a day, since June.
I've kept out of it, buy annoyed at the nipper for leaving his tools behind on Friday.
Nippers reason was: he's going to work a day or two next week as his boss told him on Friday he didn't have any cash on him then. So he'll pick him up on Monday and sort out some wages.
From my point of view: the kid should have walked on Friday, but it has always been his decision to do what he thinks is best, so I've left it like that.

I'm grieved as I've placed all his bosses address and contact details on my site coventry plumbing and heating and coventry boiler services as well as tweaking other areas to return much business to his boss. Probably earned his boss thousands since I've done all the redirect business work for his boss, but hey, you live and learn.
Luckily, I've only done around 15% of what I can do web-wise.

There's been no employee contract drawn up, nowt really been done from his bosses end.
So it's back to the drawing board to look for someone with a bit of business acumen.
Personally: I’m staggered at his boss’s stupidity.

Lets see what Monday brings, might be a wake up call for the guy but I doubt it. Feel for you as remember how hard and long it took you last time to get something going.

Lets see what Monday brings, might be a wake up call for the guy but I doubt it. Feel for you as remember how hard and long it took you last time to get something going.

Had to laugh, as I said to the nipper, “Don’t worry, I’ll sort you out with someone else.”
He said, “Dad, the first plumber you sorted me out with lost the apprentice he had before me, because the apprentice had left his mobile phone behind and went round to the plumbers house with his MUM to pick-up his phone, they knocked on the plumbers door and got no reply, so his MUM looked in the front window to find the plumber stark naked on the couch, masturbating.”
Needless to say MUM wouldn’t let her son return to work with said plumber.
“The second lot you set me up only took me on because they wanted to buy your website from you.”
“This guy I’m working with now is just greedy and too ambitious, to my detriment, and doesn’t want an apprentice, just a pig, and I’m no one’s pig”
“Then he said, “I’ll sort someone out myself, as you only seem to be able to set me up with W*****s!”
Well, there was no reply from me.

Last edited:
Had to laugh, as I said to the nipper, “Don’t worry, I’ll sort you out with someone else.”
He said, “Dad, the first plumber you sorted me out with lost the apprentice he had before me, because the apprentice had left his mobile phone behind and went round to the plumbers house with his MUM to pick-up his phone, they knocked on the plumbers door and got no reply, so his MUM looked in the front window to find the plumber stark naked on the couch, masturbating.”
Needless to say MUM wouldn’t let her son return to work with said plumber.
“The second lot you set me up only took me on because they wanted to buy your website from you.”
“This guy I’m working with now is just greedy and too ambitious, to my detriment, and doesn’t want an apprentice, just a pig, and I’m no one’s pig”
“Then he said, “I’ll sort someone out myself, as you only seem to be able to set me up with W*****s!”
Well, there was no reply from me.

You seem to have a "straight talking no punches held" relationship with your nipper then. lol

Its exploitation. Perhaps he is young and still learning. But even a pot washer gets more than that and shame on the boss for not having moral values of doing whats right.

Its exploitation. Perhaps he is young and still learning. But even a pot washer gets more than that and shame on the boss for not having moral values of doing whats right.

Phil, his good mate of the same age is working with a Birmingham company.
All Harvey's doing is running copper for C.H.
Harvey's taking home between £700-£800 a week.
I know just how many phone calls I used to get when the website was on my phone number and seriously a £100 a day to my nipper is money well spent for his boss. A drop in the ocean.
Even if my nippers just liffting boilers, coring out and fixing templates.
Point is, his boss, by teaching him what's what and going through the regs as and when is investing in his own future.
It's done now so we'll have to see what the future brings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apprentice Sacks Boss. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock