Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone ran heated towel rails off an UFH manifold? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cubbs

Morning,

Has anyone ran their heated towel rails of an underfloor manifold? Any problemsIm thinking of running all heating in our house at "low " temperature. so keeping the higher temps at the TS

At the end of the day towel rails get too hot to touch off a typical heating system. I just hope the wet towels would still dry??

Thanks

Might be wrong mate but id say they will be running at too low a temp to actually do anything.

Like Riley said may be a bit cool, no good if your using that to heat the bathroom aswell as warm towels.

Actually done it numerous times.

Just run a F/R pipes directly from manifold to towel rail.
They get heaps of flow so adjust floe rate to towel rails at manifold.

The temps are low but they do the job of the towel rail - to dry and warm the towels.
Of course there is UFH in the bathrooms.

Do it all the time saves using a separate circuit with pump and timer, the systems we use have extra ports on the manifolds for towel rail circuits

I was really wanting to have them on their own circuit just so the towel rails can be run in the summer months

Also with my thermal store if I can ever afford to fit solar thermal they might be able to heat the store and then run the towel rails if I had the separate circuit.

Any way of piping it up so as to not have to buy a complete ufh pump and mixer?

Thanks

See the response in the renewables section where you asked the same question :)

If you add in solar thermal you will need a mxing valve somwehere (it's a legal requirement of the solar thermal install), else the flow temperature could be scaldingly hot.

Do it all the time saves using a separate circuit with pump and timer, the systems we use have extra ports on the manifolds for towel rail circuits

How do you control / time those loops ?
Manual on /off Switch?
Boost timer switch?
With DHW call for heat?
Group timer for all towel rails?
Individually or as a group?
Controlled with the room stat?

Reason I ask is that we're just working out the best way to control the towel rails on a 6 bathroom/ ensuite set up, when the occupancy will primarily only use 2 of the ensuites most of the time. (Note we include room by room control to the ufh - there are 37 loops and 19 room controllers on this particular install)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone ran heated towel rails off an UFH manifold? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock