Discuss anyone know of a decent combi that only needs a 15mm gas feed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marco

hi - I'm looking to swop a boiler for a customer, current supply only 15mm for gas.
DHW out put around 23kw, tricky to put in a 22mm gas supply - anyone know of a decent condensing combi which would only need 15mm gas? I've not seen one, but thought I'd ask on the off chance!
Cheers

viessmann 24kw vitoden or a remeha or even better intergas never really had an issue putting a 24kw on a 15mm supply so long as it aint to long , only been doing it for around 20 years and never had a call back

viessmann 24kw vitoden or a remeha or even better intergas never really had an issue putting a 24kw on a 15mm supply so long as it aint to long , only been doing it for around 20 years and never had a call back

Thanks a lot gasmarc - I was expecting some abuse about correct pipe sizing etc - so good to hear you reply - will look into these. Boiler about 5m from meter so not excessive!

theres chance yet then!
Dont you leave them a false number? lol just kiddin

isnt it asking a lot from 15mm?

people will argue the point if the pipe is not big enough and another appliance say like a huge range cooker is also on the supply it would not be big enough to serve both appliances on full power which is correct, the viessmann is 26kw from memory , i always tell the customer if there is any issue regarding performance then the pipe will need up grading at an extra charge

people will argue the point if the pipe is not big enough and another appliance say like a huge range cooker is also on the supply it would not be big enough to serve both appliances on full power which is correct, the viessmann is 26kw from memory , i always tell the customer if there is any issue regarding performance then the pipe will need up grading at an extra charge

Good point.
We just had some negative feed back as a result of a quote which the recipient said was too high because we added unecessary work. Our quote included the cost of new pipework even though we had discussed it with him and explained the existing pipework was unlikely to be adaquate. We could have phrased our quote your way.

Mind you he was also annoyed that we told him we must recommend TRVs and he will have to sign a disclaimer as proof that we recommended and he doesn't want them.
O yes, he does all his own plumbing and would preper to fit his own boiler but he's not gsr..... you've all met him!

I was away looking at a job today for some plumbing work, but while i was there i noticed that there was alot of 15mm gas pipe to the Vokera Compact, I would think it would be undergassed but haven't checked it yet, told customer if i get job i'll check it out. You'd struggle to get the required m3/hr with 15mm in long distances

aslong as you have all the correct pressures and gas rate with 1mb drop or less then no problem with 15mm pipe. if its only a short run of 5m of 15mm from meter it would not take very long to do the calculations to be 100% sure you wont hit any problems before you start.

If I may stick my peneth worth in ... Put a 30kW boiler in.... last 3m in 15mm. Boiler worked a treat! Registered it, Gas Safe got in touch with the custard, GS went and visited and I got a none conformation letter from gas safe! Wp at meter 20.5, WP at boiler 17. Mi's ask for 18 minimum regs state no more than 1 across the pipework! Only a bleed'n boiler and hob fitted! Held my hand up ... guilty as charged! Gas rate was spot on, bye-the-way!

Anyhoo's I went and removed as much of the 15 as i could everything else was under concrete!!! I was foamin!! LOL .... Boiler is an logic+ :)

Last edited by a moderator:
trouble is many customers think you are trying to make work for yourself by insisting on installing the correct size pipework when a cowboy wont even think about it and stick it on what evers there.

Do your gas flow calculations, if these work out ok go for a 24kw Intergas, these combis have the potential to be the most reliable available, installed one last week and was very impressed & will be installing many more. I usually install Viessmann & Valliant brands but as a Combi the Intergas is where the smart money is being spent...

Worst one i saw for a while was a 29kw vokera fitted on a 24m run of 15mm + about 10 elbows on.
Customer had just bought the house and asked me to check the boiler as they didn't seem to be getting the same amount of hot water as their last house.:whatchutalkingabout
They got it fixed at the sellers expense.

the ideals have a 1to1 gas valve which in the MI's says will run the boiler at full power with an inlet pressure of 14mbar. therefore if you can test the supply pressure at the boiler with all other appliances running and it is greater than 14 mbar then i understand that will be adequate. obviuosly it not the perfect situation and we recommend to our customers that the pipework is upgreaded if necessary but as has been said some people just think you are trying to con more money out of them. this is an easy way round it without contravening MI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to anyone know of a decent combi that only needs a 15mm gas feed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back