Discuss Anyone know any fast track C&G 6129 plumbing courses at FE Colleges in the Midlands? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stagehome

I'm looking to gain the C&G 6129 Technical Certificate in plumbing as quickly as possible in the Midlands. Most college courses seem to be 1 year to complete. I've found one 12 week course but it's not in my area and I don't want to pay for the expensive private fast track courses. Does anyone know of any colleges offering a course in less than 1 year?

Re: Anyone know any fast track C&G 6129 plumbing courses at FE Colleges in the Midlan

they are being phased out, and in any case ain't worth much without the nvq component.
you would be better off doing the new diploma which is the technical ceertificates and nvq combined.
you need to be employed by a plumber in order to be enrolled on the new diploma though. if you decide to stick with the technical certificate with or without the nvq you will struggle to find employment as there is much prejudice against fasttrackers within the industry, which is why the new diploma has as a requisite some form of plumbing employment.

good luck whatever you decide!

KJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone know any fast track C&G 6129 plumbing courses at FE Colleges in the Midlands? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I'm about to progress from Level 2 C&G to Level 3 (starting in September): I'd always thought i would do the Level 3 Gas, as this was...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in...
Replies
Views
Vacancies within our Plumbing Team at City College Norwich Full time, £23.789 - £34,606 per annum dependant on appointment An exciting...
Replies
Views
Back