Discuss Any Help with replacing old multi fuel burner central heating please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're only real sensible option is oil combi, or LPG combi with bulk storage. Wouldn't consider pellet on a property that size, 10k might get you the cheapest pellet boiler on the market.

Actually you could have a very nice pellet system installed at a reasonable price, the make / model / output would be depending on the heat loss of the house.

I have installed 12Kw pellet stove with boiler in a house 3,000 sq feet and it works as expected, I have also installed a 30Kw boiler in another 3,000 sq ft house and it struggles to heat the house.

The difference between the two is heating controls and insulation.

Cheers for all your replies. id forgotten about this thread until now as iv been very busy but im still unsure on what to do with the central heating.

The house may in the very near future be extended into a 3 bed (it already has a previous single story extension on the side housing the only bathroom) with a bathroom upstairs.

Would the above advice still be viable when extended?

I am leaning towards an oil combi but still undecided, what about a ground source heat pump are these a good option?.

I would be looking to get whatever is decided installed fairly quickly and will be looking to get someone in if anyone is interested in coming to have a look.

Are people still content with the traditional multi fuel central heating systems or are they outdated?

In my view people are less willing to go out in the snow/rain/sleet/strong winds to get coil or wood and have it sitting in a bucket next to the fire, todays working class want there life made as easy as possible and just turning a dial up and down is ideal.

What do you think?

Cheers
Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
a multi fuel stove would be a good idea as a secondary heat source, possibly a main heat source with solar hot water for the summer, depending on your life style really.

It would be best to contact some local engineers to come and give you some idea and quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any Help with replacing old multi fuel burner central heating please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock