Search the forum,

Discuss Another brilliant customer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just got this through the email.
She called up and told me the towel rail isnt right because the pipes are " bent out of shape and look wrong"
This is after Ive told her two times the pipes will come from boxin into the towel rail, pipe holes were there for like a week
Probably my last bathroom project for a while..

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
so is that getting boxed in? if not tbh that looks a mess and too low

I hate bathrooms so much. Too much going on in them and customers always seem to be pains

Box it and drop the rad a bit lower.

i would say rad height was fine so your going to box the pipes in and shes happy with this? :D

For me chrome pipes coming either straight out of wall or floor or boxing, takes longer and never gets me home for 4pm (not that I ever am) but its looks right.

Nah that was the finished product, the boxin i was refering to was the one on the right of the rad. The holes were there and told her twice it will be run in chrome from them holes. Dont know how I could do any neater with that method. She came back with that after i've fitted it.

This job already caused me enough grief just like all my previous bathroom jobs, pretty much every plumber I've ever worked with moaned about bathroom jobs and I spoken to two who quit self employment after a bathroom job gone wrong.

Bathrooms are a nightmare, they cause me more hassle than any other job. Customers get ridiculously picky about the smallest of things. However that pipework doesn't look great, unless you explained to the customer about pipe routes etc before hand then I can see why they may not be too happy. Is it not possible to drop them under the floor so you just have two straight pipes going down?

Surely if you spoke about pipe route and they want it changed to another option they wish for its an extra?? Even if its 40 quid and cover materials?

The plumbs that i know that do bathrooms usually sub out a good 50 % of it saves on hassle then i guess.

Nah that was the finished product, the boxin i was refering to was the one on the right of the rad. The holes were there and told her twice it will be run in chrome from them holes. Dont know how I could do any neater with that method. She came back with that after i've fitted it.

This job already caused me enough grief just like all my previous bathroom jobs, pretty much every plumber I've ever worked with moaned about bathroom jobs and I spoken to two who quit self employment after a bathroom job gone wrong.

Tbh pipes too low and bend the horizontal pieces in (sets) so everything is above the skirting and tight

Thing is I have to be nice she hasnt paid for anything yet and she can get a whole lot pickier I know that.

Il just stick to repairing other's bodge bathroom jobs i.e shower wastes that been cross threaded and sealed with expanding foam or brand new bathroom I've just had to smash up because shower valve had hot and cold mixed up and leak on bath waste with tiled panel.

Last edited:
Thing is I have to be nice she hasnt paid for anything yet and she can get a whole lot pickier I know that.

Il just stick to repairing other's bodge bathroom jobs i.e shower wastes that been cross threaded and sealed with expanding foam or brand new bathroom I've just had to smash up because shower valve had hot and cold mixed up and leak on bath waste with tiled panel.

You'll be fine. Just keep your head down, plough through, get paid and off to a pub to forget this.

Thats all i do easier money.

Pipes are too low for sure.
Never looks well to have pipes going through a skirting.
Fit them above skirting using chrome solder elbows and fairly close together.
Tbh, I think horizontal pipes coming out of a wall is the least preferred way to do pipes neat for a bathroom.

OK this epidemic is in full swing. Got an email from a guy I quoted to put in a boiler. He only gone and annotated 3 photos of where the boiler is to be sited, with various flue options (that are pretty much made up and have no measurement basis)

He also put in a picture from IGEM document regarding flues in timber claded houses showing me how to put the flue in.

I have never been more put off..

OK this epidemic is in full swing. Got an email from a guy I quoted to put in a boiler. He only gone and annotated 3 photos of where the boiler is to be sited, with various flue options (that are pretty much made up and have no measurement basis)

He also put in a picture from IGEM document regarding flues in timber claded houses showing me how to put the flue in.

Share the pictures with us all!!

can we see these pics ? and outline everything in writing before starting the job

2.jpg
unnamed.jpg

"Looking at the diagram below, the only additional materials which might be needed are a moisture drip collar, end plate and a non-combustible sleeve for the flue (if it isn’t already non-combustible). I found the regs here: http://www.igem.org.uk/media/80398/UP-7-Edition-2%20_Comm-1722.pdf"

"With this option, the edge of the flue will come out approximately 20cm from the door opening, so a plume management kit will be needed. Worcester’s website says that this allows the flue to come out with a minimum distance of 15cm, before being diverted upwards and away from the door (and is compliant with the regs)."

Looks like he also been on Worcester website. Do you think there is any point in telling him Worcesters arent that great?

Last edited:
Tbh with Internet these days you will find anything, and least the home owner is doing some research but as they used to say a little information is dangerous

:D

Tbh with Internet these days you will find anything, and least the home owner is doing some research but as they used to say a little information is dangerous

:D
This guy got it all in surprised he needs me to fit the boiler..

He is currently "weighing up his options" after I've added a plume management kit installation charge aka troublesome customer charge

That's my gut feeling too.

I'd either be walking away from that one or writing up a watertight schedule of works with every last detail and making him sign it. He sounds like the type to interfere at every turn, and never be happy...

One to walk away from as big trouble likely to be ahead unless you like a challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another brilliant customer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock