Search the forum,

Discuss Am I being stupid??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So.
one of our local councils goes for grade 5 planning. This means no gas boilers can be fitted in new property's.
so.
everone has to fit ground scorce, air scorce or biomas. The first two use massive amounts of electricity.
so.
Today the government announces that all the coal fired power stations are to be shut down and replaced with gas!
so.
now we have spent a fortune on these systems, we now burn gas ( heat), to produce electricity to produce to heat for our homes.:skep:

what was wrong with the humble gas boiler.:Angel_anim:

Last edited:
Ignore them. There are loads of houses out there already piped for gas, so won't be interested in all these heat pumps

Oh he irony of it all :)

Heard it on the breakfast news this morning. Always thought gas was a finite resource?

looks like russia will be turning off the gas to us idc, then no heating or lighting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Heard the same rubbish about gas running out, so what did they do on the outskirts of Plymouth (As hammers knows) They built a gas fired power station !!

Unlimited shale gas coming on stream ...along with contaminated water supplies from water table etc....if the Co 2don't get you the drinking water will......Turnpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Am I being stupid??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
We recently replaced a shower cubicle in our upstairs bathroom with a jacuzzi bath and shower cubicle and took the bath water feed from the existing shower. We were in the middle of a rennovation so the bathroom hadnt been used for 6 months or so in between. We replaced the tiles with the shower...
Replies
Views
Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 400 15kW Heat Only Boiler I've got air in the pump and one gas engineer has said I need to move the pipes as they are configured incorrectly. Another said all I need to do is add an AAV as high as possible. Another said I should seal the system. Boiler was installed in...
Replies
Views
N
Our ~15-year-old boiler just broke down (the spark igniter gave out), and set out a discussion to go ahead and replace it, as it's starting to kettle as well, and it will probably just be downhill from here. Background: 1905 built (renovated in 2010) Edwardian terraced. The house is 2 floors...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock