Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha cd35 c spark genny in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solderwire

Gas Engineer
Hi al,l a customer of mine has a apha cd35c not sparking, replaced the genarator lasted a day and stopped again, replaced again and fitted new ht lead thinking it was a duffer, and its stopped again 2 days later no spark again.

i see the genny has 2 lead outs, my ht lead is in the left hand socket, should there be one in the right socket?, i'm thinking there should be a earth lead? as there is nothing there before i started.

by the way pcb is throwing 234 volts up the power lead and its cutting out when it should after it lights
any one come across this fault before ?

Pete.

This lead should be in the LH terminal on the genny, early cds had a separate earth in the RH terminal on the genny, have you checked the electrodes inside combustion chamber?, pcb sounds ok at the mo,

Hi alpha man yes lead is in the left output, and i have just replaced the electrode and lead so all is new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha cd35 c spark genny in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Good Morning. I've been having an issue for a couple of days, that my nest thermostat is demanding heat, but the boiler does not activate. However, when using the heat link manual button, the heating works fine for around 2 hours. I have recently replaced the pump from a wilks gold rs50 to a...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I'm English and live in the Czech Republic and I'm having difficulty with my heating system. Unfortunately, I cant find any heating engineer that speaks English! Both the engineer that built the fireplace and the heating engineer that service the system dont agree with each other on system...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock