Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha boilers your opinions please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys there does not seem to be much talk about alpha boilers on the forum good or bad i service a few and am in the process of fitting a couple intec 2c s in 2 flats they seem ok alot worse out there i am off to the factory in may to have a look around and maybe pick up some info would be interesting to know your opinions regards kop.

Not good, they need setting up and user / engy controls arnt easy to use

Intec 35se worse boiler out there

One year old maxed out my fga on ppm (15000+) got it down to 93 after just setting up the gas valve

Took me two hours to do

I only work on the older ones now, don't touch the newer versions and haven't fitted an Alpha for about 4 years,

Have replaced about 200 with different makes in the last 4 years!

Never fitted one and after getting a charge for ÂŁ11 when stuck waiting for technical to answer ...... I never will !!!

Yeh the census seems to be not that good, im with the others , ive worked on quite a few , servicing and fixing but never installed , although they wouldnt be the worst choice just nowhere near the best and dont think theyre all that cheap either ,

Yeh the census seems to be not that good, im with the others , ive worked on quite a few , servicing and fixing but never installed , although they wouldnt be the worst choice just nowhere near the best and dont think theyre all that cheap either ,

Ideal prices around the 800 mark

I replaced a 20 year old Aphla combi last winter, I think thats a once in a life time thing

well that didn't go down to well , guess I will stick with what I know cheers guys have a great Easter cheers kop

• Funny
Reactions: Dan
got 2 for ÂŁ499 each + vat that's why there going in theses flats all the best kop

That's a good price do you mind me asking where from local or Internet ?

my local plumbcity branch shaun had a job lot to get rid of , so got 3 one with a vertical flue ÂŁ515 + vat.

Here you go guys not wired as yet alpha eco 2 28kw not the best but certainly not the worst cheers kop

20170419_124629.jpg

20170420_101355.jpg

Fyi your condense connection will leak

Mac overflow compression coupling

Also read up on how to get them in low and high fire modes :D

Going on a factory vist on the 9th of may so will pick up a few tips then wasnt to keen on the condense arrangement 25mm to 19 mm reducer out of a rubber 45 0 elbow they supply , but it had a proper metal flue and elbow and all went in ok cheers chaps kop

Last edited:
Going on a factory vist on the 9th of may so will pick up a few tips then wasnt to keen on the condense arrangement 25mm to 19 mm reducer out of a rubber 45 0 elbow they supply , but it had a proper metal flue and elbow and all went in ok cheers chaps kop

Replaced the one I repaired with a viessman condense hose one jub clip either end and your golden

Did you put the included zip tie on the rubber to trap connection?

Love the bends

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha boilers your opinions please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock