Discuss Air in hot water heating loop? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marchant8

The system is oil fired, Central heating works fine, it's an open system with a header tank.
Not used the hot water all summer maybe longer with economy 7 and immersion.
When turning hot water on, the motorised valve works fine and water does circulate to the hot water tank but is very
noisy with air?
Will this eventually be pushed to the pump and around the radiators and sort itself, maybe in the highest point
the towel rail?
There is no auto bleed anywhere and no bleed on the immersion loop.
The system is 10 years old but serviced with additive etc.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

On further investigation.
The hot water tank has inlet and outlet for the boiler.
One has the vent to header tank
the other has the output/ input to header tank. With stopcock.
Does that help. I think air is in the coil.
Thus making the noise.
Any suggestions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air in hot water heating loop? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock