Discuss ADVISE PLEASE - What replacement boiler for Ferroli DOMIcompact F24B ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

I have a Ferroli DOMIcompact F24B and it is nothing but trouble, i have had a new PCB fitted, new preesure gauge, new pump and it is not working AGAIN due to pump broken again !!!

The Engineer has disconnected the pump so i only have HW, he also stated there is very small leak on Heat Exchanger (he did show me tiny bit of rust on backplate of the boiler ?)

I have had enough the Ferroli and need something reliable for winter....

I have asked for a price of a total replacement boiler and wanted a Baxi DUO TEC 24 or 28E as he has fitted on of these at my parents and it has been brilliant PLUS a 7 year warranty !!

He has stated that since the FLUE exits vertically through the roof (it goes through ceiling for 1m then 45deg for 1m the vertical again up through tiles/roof), it alsi has a 'support bracket midway).

I would also like to add ALL of the flue is less than 1 year old as it was all replaced when i had a new roof/Local Gov grant.

He has stated a BAXI can NOT be fitted due to the flue being the wrong size and is getting back to me later wit a 'suitable boiler' which will most probably be ANOTHER Ferroli or if i want a BAXI i would have to have ALL the flue replaced as well (expensive!!!)

Is this true guys ? What are my options here ?? What would you recommend???

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

I didn't say baxi was a budget boiler I said "if your working on a budget" meaning baxi and ideal will be competitively priced both offer good warranties up to 10 years on some models don't fit a 24kw the hot water produced will be disappointing in winter, many merchants sell a replacement heating pack which will be the boiler , flue , magnetic filter, chemicals , and scale reducer at a discounted price . Cheers kop

I didn't say baxi was a budget boiler I said "if your working on a budget" meaning baxi and ideal will be competitively priced both offer good warranties up to 10 years on some models don't fit a 24kw the hot water produced will be disappointing in winter, many merchants sell a replacement heating pack which will be the boiler , flue , magnetic filter, chemicals , and scale reducer at a discounted price . Cheers kop

You are SPOT ON, i asked my Engineer and they sell more of the higher model 28kw !!! So i would be cheaper !!

I NEVER would of presumed that !

Thanks for your info and knowledge...It is MUCH appreciated. !

Cheers

Why repair a terrible boiler? Your just wasting money. I've replaced two 3 year old ferrolis before now because the landlord had had enough of breakdowns. Would never touch/work on one again. As for vaillant, all boiler have their troubles...but serviced properly and with a 7 year warranty you can't go wrong...ecotec plus.

Reply to ADVISE PLEASE - What replacement boiler for Ferroli DOMIcompact F24B ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back