Discuss ADVISE PLEASE - What replacement boiler for Ferroli DOMIcompact F24B ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

I have a Ferroli DOMIcompact F24B and it is nothing but trouble, i have had a new PCB fitted, new preesure gauge, new pump and it is not working AGAIN due to pump broken again !!!

The Engineer has disconnected the pump so i only have HW, he also stated there is very small leak on Heat Exchanger (he did show me tiny bit of rust on backplate of the boiler ?)

I have had enough the Ferroli and need something reliable for winter....

I have asked for a price of a total replacement boiler and wanted a Baxi DUO TEC 24 or 28E as he has fitted on of these at my parents and it has been brilliant PLUS a 7 year warranty !!

He has stated that since the FLUE exits vertically through the roof (it goes through ceiling for 1m then 45deg for 1m the vertical again up through tiles/roof), it alsi has a 'support bracket midway).

I would also like to add ALL of the flue is less than 1 year old as it was all replaced when i had a new roof/Local Gov grant.

He has stated a BAXI can NOT be fitted due to the flue being the wrong size and is getting back to me later wit a 'suitable boiler' which will most probably be ANOTHER Ferroli or if i want a BAXI i would have to have ALL the flue replaced as well (expensive!!!)

Is this true guys ? What are my options here ?? What would you recommend???

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

You absolutely cannot use the flue of a different boiler. This is classed as modifying a gas appliance and is a big no no

Cheers, i just wanted confirmation...

What would be my best option ?
Use a newer model compatible Ferroli ( i hate them !!!!)

Or get pump replaced and when i have the funds get a decent boiler/new flue ?

I did forget to ask, will he need to go onto the roof when flue is replced or can it be done from attic space ?

Cheers

Any boilers better than that garbage sorry! but true , if your on a tight budget look at baxi or ideal , a loft install you will have to follow the regulations ,have a fixed loft ladder , timber walk way , wired lighting, guard around the boiler, smoke and co alarm , and no flue can't be fitted from inside the wall will need making good before the weather shroud is fitted on the outside. Cheers kop

Any boilers better than that garbage sorry! but true , if your on a tight budget look at baxi or ideal , a loft install you will have to follow the regulations ,have a fixed loft ladder , timber walk way , wired lighting, guard around the boiler, smoke and co alarm , and no flue can't be fitted from inside the wall will need making good before the weather shroud is fitted on the outside. Cheers kop

The boiler is easily accessible as its just on the wall in the bathroom, it's only the Flue that goes through attic/roof....

A Baxi is what i want (did not think the DUO TEC with 7 year warranty were budget !!)....

What would you class as a NON budget boiler then mate ?

Looks like i will just get pump replaced for the winter and get something decent next summer when i have more funds (the amount i have spent on this terrible Ferroli over the years it WOULD of been more cost effective to have changed it years ago !!!

#Oh well

Thanks

Reply to ADVISE PLEASE - What replacement boiler for Ferroli DOMIcompact F24B ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock