Discuss Advice required on installation of pressure reducing valve after stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jason_B

Hi all, I am new to the forum and I am seeking advice on the correct installation of a pressure reducing valve. I am installing one after the stopcock but wish to mount in the vertical position, the exact type of PRV I am installing is a Honeywell type - D04FS. I have looked on Honeywell website for pdf spec sheets and the spec sheet says valve is ok to mount in vertical position, but the installation leaflet contradicts and says it must be mounted horizontally. Can anyone whose maybe fitted this type of valve please clarify if it is o.k to mount in vertical position many thanks in advance

Hi Jason - in this wacky world API 2006 (my company) use Honeywell Do4 all the time
and your reading of the specification is all correct - there is a contradiction !.

You can mount it either way we checked last year so so carry on - ring Glen at Honeywell
(Bracknell) technical sales if you doubt me - Do4 is a great product and we have had no comebacks Centralheatking
Hi all, I am new to the forum and I am seeking advice on the correct installation of a pressure reducing valve. I am installing one after the stopcock but wish to mount in the vertical position, the exact type of PRV I am installing is a Honeywell type - D04FS. I have looked on Honeywell website for pdf spec sheets and the spec sheet says valve is ok to mount in vertical position, but the installation leaflet contradicts and says it must be mounted horizontally. Can anyone whose maybe fitted this type of valve please clarify if it is o.k to mount in vertical position many thanks in advance

Thanks for that advice Centralheatking, onwards and upwards with the project :)

Hi Jason - in this wacky world API 2006 (my company) use Honeywell Do4 all the time
and your reading of the specification is all correct - there is a contradiction !.

You can mount it either way we checked last year so so carry on - ring Glen at Honeywell
(Bracknell) technical sales if you doubt me - Do4 is a great product and we have had no comebacks Centralheatking

Hello
Just planned to install Honeywell D04FM today in vertical position but noticed that manual says "In vertical installation position spring bonnet with adjustment knob facing upwards". If I will do like that will be not with flow of water. Water coming out from flor and flow upstairs.

Can it be installed in verticall position but with spring bonnet with adjustment knob facing downwards?
And maybe anyone know why water pipe look "black". I think it's cooper pipe :D?

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't help on the Honeywell PRV.

On the copper pipe, I'd check that it is actually exactly 15mm (+ or - 0.1mm) outside diameter, as it could be 1/2" imperial pipe. If its imperial you might have to trim it down very slightly to get 15mm olives on. They will fit eventually. Use some fine emery or a very fine file and try to avoid making the pipe non-round or scratching it.

Sorry, I can't help on the Honeywell PRV.

On the copper pipe, I'd check that it is actually exactly 15mm (+ or - 0.1mm) outside diameter, as it could be 1/2" imperial pipe. If its imperial you might have to trim it down very slightly to get 15mm olives on. They will fit eventually. Use some fine emery or a very fine file and try to avoid making the pipe non-round or scratching it.

Very good advice. Thank You. I will check it. On other forum I've got advice to install as per manual because of debris collection in fillter. So I will add some bends to install it in horizontall way to meet criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice required on installation of pressure reducing valve after stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock