Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please chaps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I am at a Worcester 24i rsf which they have asked me to service. Now the boiler is a combi and it's not connected to the hot water supply and only has 2 radiators attached. It lights for 5 minutes and then off. I am not able to get a gas rate or burner pressure due to the lack of heating load and hot water. I am not sure if this appliance has ever been commissioned properly due to the above reasons. I am inclined to At Risk it but as it has been in a while should I just leave it. Cheers chaps

Can you not attach a bit of copper and hose to the hot outlet to at least give you some chance to service it?

All pipework was boxed in right up to the bottom of the boiler so not easy access to attach a bit of pipe and I had to be at another job. I did say I can connect it up but he said he would rather not as he might be extending the building soon.

I can only think its an AR if it has this fault and you have no way to test it and as you said it most like never got commissioned properly.

I can only think its an AR if it has this fault and you have no way to test it and as you said it most like never got commissioned properly.

My view would be ID as you pointed out that you do not think it has been commissioned (take it there is no paperwork?)also as you have no way to test it, therefore not able to prove it safe for continued use?
may be talking rubbish as usual but that's the way I look at it.

I came across a boiler which I couldn't get the case off due to boxing in on a gas safety certificate, so couldn't comeplete regulation 26:9 and gas safe tech told me to AR it

It can't be serviced/ tested as per Manufacturer instructions so you at very lest have to leave AR. Basic 26(9) checks are out window.
No service mode and all readings are taken on hot water.

My view would be ID as you pointed out that you do not think it has been commissioned (take it there is no paperwork?)also as you have no way to test it, therefore not able to prove it safe for continued use?
may be talking rubbish as usual but that's the way I look at it.
Unless you know the appliance is operating dangerously it is only ever going be AR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice please chaps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock