Discuss Advice on flue through fake window in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We don't know what it is do we ? what's the panel made of we don't know ? there's no pictures so airing on the side of caution get it clarified by the boiler manufacturer or gas safe what you plan to do and why , we can't just say yeah fit it that's ok because it may not be ? Then we are giving incorrect information . Kop

We don't know what it is do we ? what's the panel made of we don't know ? there's no pictures so airing on the side of caution get it clarified by the boiler manufacturer or gas safe what you plan to do and why , we can't just say yeah fit it that's ok because it may not be ? Then we are giving incorrect information . Kop
Agreed.
Just my opinion boss - like yours to brick it up.
I'm curious about what building materials wouldn't be suitable to terminate through?
(Anxiously expecting a fall - feels like questioning god🙂)

Last edited:
Agreed.
Just my opinion boss - like yours to brick it up.
I'm curious about what building materials wouldn't be suitable to terminate through?
(Anxiously expecting a fall - feels like questioning god🙂)
Exactly it's our opinions but that opinion might be wrong we don't know ? we as engineers can work and even bend the regulation to suit our own installations i do and I'm sure you do ?, I've been on the end of being reported to gas safe for nuisance plumeing into a communal passage way, there was a boiler there for 25 years soon as I swapped it out for a modern combi it then became a issue 🙁 , the neighbor had British Gas fit a boiler 2 weeks prior to me doing my work and they said it couldn't go there ? but it was within the regs they just took the easiest and cheapest option but their customer reported me 🙁 it all turned out ok in the end but it's the hassle and time wasted time I didn't have , a visit from the inspector and then 2 other installs to provide evidence i was working within the Regs and competent FFS I've been registered since Corgi came into existence, but you can and do become complacent and when it happens to you its a pita.
I'm not saying your wrong in your interpretation a gas boiler flue can be fitted through most materials now but it's where those products of combustion go and how it's terminated that could be a problem? and cause issues so when we're asked to provide guidance on flueing then I'd always advise taking further advice because there so many variables and truthfully we don't know because we haven't seen it . Regards Kop

Reply to Advice on flue through fake window in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have concerns about the closeness of our boiler flue to the neighbours velux window. Conditions permitting and the window open the flue...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My name's Dominic - I'm posting this in the general thread as it probably covers a few bases, and thought I'd check this forum here for...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm just in the middle of my ACS gas course. For some reason, i now have the habit of looking at flue terminals outside...
Replies
Views
Assuming the mi's state the normal 300mm distance from the fan flue termination, to an opening window/extractor. Am I correct in thinking if the...
Replies
Views
glenno1
G
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock