Discuss Advice needed regarding surestop swich in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

A customer of mine had the same problem which also tended to occur in the early hours, maybe due to pressure changes of unknown cause in the incoming mains. Banging was under the floorboards. Anyway I eventually traced it to the ceramic disc cartridges in the kitchen tap, changed them, problem solved, its worth checking any quarter turn taps you have.

Is your hot water or heating set to come on at 5.40am via a timer or a programmer? If so this could be your problem.

As to SureStop switches, the first incarnation was replaced by an updated version. I've never had any problem with any SureStop installations, although I did replace a diy customer's install as he fitted it to 3/4" Imperial copper, when it should be 22mm metric connections and I'm not a big fan of pushfit connections either.

SureStop water switches are something I install mainly on residential caravans as they provide the user with an easy way of isolating the water supply when they leave.

Thanks for the replies. No I don't use the timer and everything is turned off overnight except the surestop. It's odd why it's about the same time. It was 10 mins earlier this morning, 5.30. I'm asking a plumber to check everything for me next week, and I've made a note of all the pointers here. Thanks!

Reply to Advice needed regarding surestop swich in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
My family and I live in a bungalow, we have lived there for nearly five years. The property was built in 1964. I want to turn off the water supply...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock