Discuss Advice for adding a branch into my existing stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hello

Would like some advise on how to connect a new toilet to my existing stack.

I currently have one toilet upstairs but plan to run a new waste for a new downstairs toilet.

I know I have more than enough space to run the waste but my question is what is the easiest way to put a new branch connection into my current stack ?

Any recommendations would be helpful

Thanks.

835E1B3A-4BA6-4DAB-A52E-C2E2E9A97EC6.jpeg

Yes tee branch with the horizontal to a 90°through the wall. And sort out your outside tap that’s shocking :)

First thing you'll need to establish is where your current floor level is in relation to outside. What I would look at doing is removing the 2 67.5° bends at the base of the stack. Then depending on height of new toilet waste. Come up with a straight section of pipe. Tee accross for new toilet. Then 2 new bends on top of the tee to reattach the stack.

First thing you'll need to establish is where your current floor level is in relation to outside. What I would look at doing is removing the 2 67.5° bends at the base of the stack. Then depending on height of new toilet waste. Come up with a straight section of pipe. Tee accross for new toilet. Then 2 new bends on top of the tee to reattach the stack.

This seems like a very good idea. I didn’t think of that. Thanks for your advice. I have a air gap beneath my house so plenty of room for the new stack to connect up.

I also have another question.
I’d like to change the stack because it’s a real eye sore.
Does the stack need to go as high as it does ? Or can I have it lower with an air valve instead ?

BB82E1F5-37F1-423A-B740-9ACD6970BC1D.jpeg

2DDE72DE-57A8-48DB-ADE8-428D98A7DC3C.jpeg

I also have another question.
I’d like to change the stack because it’s a real eye sore.
Does the stack need to go as high as it does ? Or can I have it lower with an air valve instead ?

View attachment 39093

View attachment 39094
Why fix whats not broken, durgo or air admitance valves are an extra moving part which you do not need. Maybe you might want to go into the loft one day...who knows centralheatking
It looks like you are well in if thats a suspended floor air vent in the wall in one of the earlier piccys

Reply to Advice for adding a branch into my existing stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering if this is allowed or will work in the UK. We currently have all our waste water connecting to a single vented stack. The pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock