Discuss advertising ideas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adrianfs1

hi guys,
just wondered if anyone had any good cheap methods of advertising for work,tried local papers but these seem to be so expensive

Hi. Knocking on doors, introducing yourself and service. Armed with business cards etc. Good Luck

Parish magazines - cheap and plenty of people read them.

Aye, handing/sending out flyers is usually the most effective way of getting the word out to large groups of people. Once you've done a few jobs, personal recommendation will do the hard work for you ^^

You could also try the old standby of a business card left in the window of local corner shops/off licenses.

Depends how large your business is and how much you've got set aside for promotions really ;)

Oh and I'm sure you already knew this but avoid directories such as the Yellow Pages like the plague. You want your clients to only see your ad, not two dozen competing ads which they could then ring around for the best deal, which might not turn out to be yours!

leaflets in local shop windows are a great way to get known locally, and if you have a local paper they may be willing to let you put a few in to get delivered (possibly for a small fee but saves you a few miles walking).

Hi. If you go on the knocker, take the trouble to have your name and service printed on paper that the back peels off and can be stuck to almost anything. Suggest to home owner that this is to stuck to the inside of the sink unit door or airing cupboard etc. Your numbers there for life. Good Luck

I was in the queue at post office yesterday and to advertise there for a month it was £1! a week was 30p!

I'm going to check my marketing funds and see

I lose more than that amount down the back of my sofa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advertising ideas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
No matter what industry you’re in, if you’re really good you should be able to keep busy through recommendations and word of mouth. However, in...
Replies
Views
C
Hello guys, I work as a plumber in London and have been considering advertising in the yellow pages, obviously its quite a lot of money but has...
Replies
Views
P
Just checked the trusted tradesmen site and the plumbing and heating sections are now working,placing a listing is free and adds another string to...
Replies
Views
Andrewlo
A
G
I am so fed up with all these sales calls i keep getting. Trying to flog me a website when i already have one. Selling advertising space in...
Replies
Views
Scottley
S
M
I have tried all, from handing out leafets and business cards the works and have got bits and pieces Today i had a great idea, well at least i...
Replies
Views
steve123
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock